Call of Duty 4

countach!

I'm getting pretty annoyed with the lag issues my connection seems to have. For instance, run into a guy and I had my rocket out. Close corridors, instinct acted and I fired. Of course he shot and killed me but my rocket should've gotten him too right? NO! Watching the kill cam there is a clear split second lag and from his point of view I never even fired the rocket, WTF!

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

happens to me all the time as well, if you fire a 203/RPG and get killed while it's in flight it won't explode, i'm pretty sure grenades do explode after death, what i hate more than that is when you get sniped and see on the kill cam that the crosshairs aren't even near you, i still bust heads though with the M82/Dragunov

I copped a new video card today (I've needed an upgrade for a long time now) and I got around to trying COD4 with it, and it looks awesome, but after like 20 minutes of playing, my PC just shuts off. :( I'm not really sure what the problem is, but I think my CPU might be overheating.

i'll have to try that one, i've found that not zooming out when making a kill is ESSENTIAL to keeping your position hidden, if you kill and go back into first/non-scoped right away dude knows exactly where you are from killcam, and yo' head gets busted within a minute

i found that out for myself.

but its usless when playing multiplayer on split screen though....im infamous for screen-looking. my friends hate playing with me. :o

MP5 + Silencer is madddddd quick, you can put 5/6 shots in a nigga before he pull the trigger, especially if he's got an LMG or AK/MP44, or do you need the 50 round clip to spray and pray? aha

Nah, I just got access to the P90…just enjoying the novelty of the new gun. The sound it makes is sexy…so is MP5 w/ silencer.

i'm definitely the best at this game on sufu.

Wait, aren't you supposed to be freelancin'? ;)

I just started playing COD4 more than lately, and its annoying to play with people who you don't know. Not that I know everyone here extremely well, but does anyone have any interest in playing from time to time?

If you're PS3, holla.

i'll have to try that one, i've found that not zooming out when making a kill is ESSENTIAL to keeping your position hidden, if you kill and go back into first/non-scoped right away dude knows exactly where you are from killcam, and yo' head gets busted within a minute

Only works on newbs who don't know the maps very well. You can easily tell what angle people are at even in a scoped view.

I've seen some good snipers in COD4 but ultimately the whole sniper class of weapons is pretty weak when you consider that my M16 can shoot just as far, just as accurately, and with stopping power is a one-burst kill.

I basically only use stopping power + steady aim. Like 75 percent of people you meet will either have martyrdom or deep impact as their third perk so steady aim gives you a huge advantage close quarters. I try to use silenced weapons as much as possible.

I've seen some good snipers in COD4 but ultimately the whole sniper class of weapons is pretty weak when you consider that my M16 can shoot just as far, just as accurately, and with stopping power is a one-burst kill.

This is definitely true. I know that after sniping my way to the golden dragunov I more-or-less knew sniping on most every map inside-and-out so it's almost pathetically easy on most maps to decimate snipers before they can ever get set up if you keep half an eye on their points. The class is fun and convenient support on big maps for headquarters and a few other objective based games but not much more.

Only works on newbs who don't know the maps very well. You can easily tell what angle people are at even in a scoped view.

I basically only use stopping power + steady aim. Like 75 percent of people you meet will either have martyrdom or deep impact as their third perk so steady aim gives you a huge advantage close quarters. I try to use silenced weapons as much as possible.

I love the M16 but close quarters I freak out and the short bursts kill my up close fights…

Silenced is the best.

happens to me all the time as well, if you fire a 203/RPG and get killed while it's in flight it won't explode

While that may be the case for this certain scenario I was just using an example of lag. From his POV I never even fired the rocket. Also, for one, I stab a guy and he shoots me. From the Killcam I *never* even take a swipe. Ugh. :mad:

The class is fun and convenient support on big maps for headquarters and a few other objective based games but not much more.

exactly, all i've been playing lately is sabotage, and occasionally headquarters, depends if we're on the offensive or defensive though, if we're up and i know a plant's coming i'll use a rifle and set up to pick the people off who try to defuse, if it's even i'll go MP5 or G36C, and if we're getting fucked up it's AK+GL/RPD

i'm definitely the best at this game on sufu.

what is your lvl and prestige?

I'm 8th prestige, lvl15 currently.

0.88 kill ratio, 0.85 win ratio (mostly search & destroy)

Silenced AK-47 is best gun in the game. The AK iron sights are the easiest to use. You have the damage and range to get someone across the map.

Sidney, add me as friend so I can blow you up. "braidkid"