state your beer, drinkers

• 2 weeks later...

Poached egg and warm bacon-dijon vinaigrette on this frisee with a Brasserie Cantillon Classic Gueuze. Them sours and salad are a bomby ass combo.

IMG_3114.jpg

Muthafukkkkkk...

IMG_3133.jpg

Joints for that cellar:

-'05 Cantillon Iris- Unblended lambic w/ no wheat

-'07 Cantillon Classic Gueuze

-Allaverdogportrush Isabelle Proximus- Story in long post here: http://beeradvocate.com/forum/read/1690508

-Russian River Supplication- Brown ale aged in Pinot Noir barrels

-Russian River Temptation- Blonde ale aged in Chardonnay barrels

Russian River batch 002 Beatification- Spontaneously fermented madness aged in spent "bug" filled barrels.

-Russian River batch 003 Beatification- The best beer I have tried to date. Super funky like well aged ripe cheese, lemony tart, beautiful.

3172094905_6dbc43ce97.jpg

From Left to right:

Avec Les Bons Voeux - Brasserie Dupont

Hoptimus Prime - Legacy

Santa's Private Reserve Ale - Rogue

Christmas Ale - St. Bernardus

Mad Elf Ale - Troegs

Judgment Day - Lost Abbey

Winter Ale - Samuel Smith

From a Holiday/Big Beer Tasting a couple weeks back

Just tried some Pliny and is it just me or does it taste/smell like pot?

refer to hops plant wiki.

Humulus, (hop) is a small genus of flowering plants, native to the temperate Northern Hemisphere. The female flowers often called cones, of one species are called hops, and are used as flavoring and stabilizers, especially for brewing beer. The hop is part of the family Cannabaceae, which also includes the genus Cannabis (hemp).

soonami: i have not seen that st bernardus christmas ale yet. i must find it...

^^

Pretty common out here, although Philly does have nice beer, it should not be that hard to get for you guys.

I can't say that it was that memorable though, lately belgiums haven't been doing it for me

That kinda sucks, but after the initial investment you'll be happy later on.

I'm sipping on a Bear Republic Hop Rod Rye tonight

DSCF1693.jpg

Any Bay Area beer people going to SF Beer Week? I'll be at The Bistro's Double IPA Festival and City Beer Store's Alesmith tasting night, both on the 7th of February. I have to come home from school to attend, so unfortunately that's all I'm going to make, event wise. Otherwise I'll be at Toronado and Russian River all weekend.

^^^ great IPA, except, I always end up with a shitty pour with all the chunky yeast.

The black bear stout is everything I want in an imperial stout. I really dislike imperial stouts that like a chocolate caramel, like the RIS I had at Iron Hill Brewery last week. Everything Beer Republic is solid or great, and really affordable even out here on the East Coast, I can usually find bombers for $4-5

img1166bl4.jpg

w480.png

tastes pretty light and balanced, a bit like chocolate beans, the aftertaste is coffee-esque. the color is a nice red. after the pour you receive a nice offwhite head which lasts about a minute. i disagree that this brew is fullbodied it lacks in sweetness and warmth and could deserve a little more booze. all in all this is a nice brew which isn't that strong as guinness.

cheers

I have a magnificent event planned for tomorrow to finish off my winter break before my last college semester...

My friend and I will be drinking our way from The Mission to North Beach.

The monk's Kettle, The Toronado, City Beer Store, La Trappe, Rogue Public House, and Church Key.

Any SF people are welcome to come, haha. Should be a bank account burningly exciting experience.

currently drinking a leffe blonde, nice full bodied beer with a great booze. my body temperature rised cause of the high ABV, great effect.

@B-Dawg

i'd really appreciate to taste your american micro brews, but right now i'm not at the legal drinking age of america, so a beer-tour threw the states doesn't make sense for me.

cheers

My across SF bar crawl was magnificent. Monk's Kettle was cool. After I shot the shit with the bartender about beer nerd stuff he hooked us up with a pour of '05 Old Stock from North Coast Brewing.

Toronado and City Beer were cool as always.

La Trappe was the standout of the day. I had Cantillon's Rose de Gambrinus Framboise on tap and it was face melting. The bartender, Mike, was a young beer nerd like myself and seemed to appreciate it, so he cracked 3 different Dogfish Head bottles for him and us to split.

Rogue was meh, vibe was lame.

Church Key can lick my scranus. $9 for a 90-Minute IPA? We left after seeing the underwhelming selection and douchy clientelle.

Spoils of the trip:

SD love (I already had the 08-08-08, but I opened my first bottle from my case last night, so I included it)

100_0999.jpg

Had my favorite beer last night with my mom.

100_1000.jpg

Make them connections, got 2 bottles of 2007 vintage Abyss @ $9 each. Dark decadence:

100_0991.jpg

Sour <3

100_0998.jpg

^^ What Dogfish Head beers did you have?

I wouldn't say that all of their stuff is fantastic, but everything is very well considered. Like Palo Santo Marron, they went to South America to pick out specific trees to make barrels for aging their beer. Most breweries don't do anything nearly as special. The same goes for a lot of their beers like Jiahu, Theobroma, Pangaea, Midas Touch, etc

I have a bottle of World Wide Satellite Stout and Olde School waiting for a special occasion

I've been drinking Trois Pistole for the weekend.

What's up with the Brooklyn stuff? It's particularly pricey here, so is it worth it to pay $23 for a pack of the chocolate stout? I tried the Rogue coriander and ginger hefe and wasn't too impressed. The body was thin, and the flavours were flabby. Maybe it'd be a better summer bbq beer.