High Fashion Mountaineering Boots...

RAISED BY WOLVES

Bobo if you check out the men.style. 10 essentials with Daiki the price is listed under product info. They're $325, can't tell if there are price differences between the different styles although I would imagine there are. Their official site didn't seem to have pricing info but since they are mail order only I imagine they respond to emails pretty quickly...

First Limmer boots are fucking classic. I repeat classic. There is to be 0/none/zilch shit talking about those in this thread. The rest are whatever. The last is hideous. Good looks on the info Bay, I'm on my way to New Hampshire.

Indeed, we agree. And while we're at it, I will submit that there will be no shit-talking about New Hampshire (heBay my man, consider yourself warned with that bus ticket comment)...

I have a lot of experience with Limmer and I like them a lot--I think you kinda get the sense from the pics, but these boots (even the "ultra lights") are VERY heavy duty--probably moreso than anything else discussed on this thread (Danners, and the like).

I wouldn't necessarily count on them being "quick to respond." They're VERY old-fashioned, in mostly a good way. The shop in NH is incredible and the boots are incredibly well-made and well-serviced. I should also mention that you can get customs done as well, but last I checked the wait was 3-4 YEARS and you had to go to the shop for the fiiting, so unless you're really committed you'll probably be stuck with off-the-racks.

the sporting clay chukka is under shoes>shooting shoes

http://www.russellmoccasin.com/shoes_shooting/shooting_sportclaychukka.html

just received confirmation of my order which I modelled after these

RM6_2.jpg

they are fully customisable and russells staff have been very helpful and accommodating

I sent them an email with a photo attatched asking if they could reproduce it and they told me the materials

now I wait

I need a winter boot, really badly. I want to get something from Russell, but I have some doubts that the Safari boots are gonna be good in the New England winters. Gnar or anyone else, can you point me the right way? Something at least somewhat waterproof and good in the slush/snow would be perfect...

would prefer no LL Bean duck boots suggestions...

I need a winter boot, really badly. I want to get something from Russell, but I have some doubts that the Safari boots are gonna be good in the New England winters. Gnar or anyone else, can you point me the right way? Something at least somewhat waterproof and good in the slush/snow would be perfect...

would prefer no LL Bean duck boots suggestions...

mountaineering boots?

The danner mountain light II are gore-tex...

Indeed, we agree. And while we're at it, I will submit that there will be no shit-talking about New Hampshire (heBay my man, consider yourself warned with that bus ticket comment)...

I have a lot of experience with Limmer and I like them a lot--I think you kinda get the sense from the pics, but these boots (even the "ultra lights") are VERY heavy duty--probably moreso than anything else discussed on this thread (Danners, and the like).

I wouldn't necessarily count on them being "quick to respond." They're VERY old-fashioned, in mostly a good way. The shop in NH is incredible and the boots are incredibly well-made and well-serviced. I should also mention that you can get customs done as well, but last I checked the wait was 3-4 YEARS and you had to go to the shop for the fiiting, so unless you're really committed you'll probably be stuck with off-the-racks.

Uh...I'm not sure how I was talking shit by mentioning the urge to purchase a New Hampshire bus ticket...sorry to offend...I don't drive and I like New Hampshire plenty, especially because they house the homebase of Limmer (happy times now Grilled Cheese??!?!?!).

That being said, I like Limmer quite a bit, but I'll be damned if I'm waiting 3-4 years for an order of ANYTHING to wear (the Kanye West/Marty McFly Theory).

And even more serious, can you give us more info on how these fit (half size, whole size large...dare I say, true to size...etc.)...and can you supply us with more photos or even a fit pic?

Uh...I'm not sure how I was talking shit by mentioning the urge to purchase a New Hampshire bus ticket...sorry to offend...I don't drive and I like New Hampshire plenty, especially because they house the homebase of Limmer (happy times now Grilled Cheese??!?!?!).

That being said, I like Limmer quite a bit, but I'll be damned if I'm waiting 3-4 years for an order of ANYTHING to wear (the Kanye West/Marty McFly Theory).

And even more serious, can you give us more info on how these fit (half size, whole size large...dare I say, true to size...etc.)...and can you supply us with more photos or even a fit pic?

I was joking about your NH transgressions. In terms of more substantive matters, I will answer as many questions as I can, but I would first just like to state that Limmer needs to be respected, for real. The word "artisinal" gets thrown around a lot, but these guys are master artisans of the first order. It's a world renowned family business featuring three generations of bootmakers. I could go on and on about them, including the special Bavarian leather that they use that no one else in the world uses and their impeccable bootfitting wizardry, but let's just say that they are the real deal.

By the way, I spoke with a friend last night who goes to the shop frequently--he said that last time he was ther, Peter Limmer said that the list for customs was at SIX years, and that the price of customs is north of $600. This may seem insane, but I personally know hikers and mountaineers that have Limmers that are over 35 years old--and still going strong. For people that live to hike, and also have incredibly hard to fit feet (different sizes, crazy bunions, etc) there is no other option. The guys are known as miracle-workers in this regard.

As far as fitting goes, I'll hedge a little bit by saying that the different boots have different lasts, but in general--I'd say that most people I know agree that they fit large by one FULL size. In other words, if you normally wear a 9.5, you'll take an 8.5 in Limmers. Also, these things can be HELL to break in. For those of you who know the pain associated with breaking in a pair of Vasques (especially in the city), multiply that agony by five and you're in Limmer territory. But it's all worth it.

Pictures are not possible for me right now, but here's a couple to hold you over...

Limmers-cfa41.jpg

2496338207_e8c268e0a9.jpg?v=0

PICS OF THE SHOP IN NH

91256460_eb050f86fe.jpg?v=0

91256448_aeb3c99cde.jpg?v=0

Should I just move to Japan?

Check out these Nonnative boots from Y!J:

sfpnw-img450x600-1217654842kwvcki16665.jpg

Holy moly! Any more pics of thoses? IS there any way to get them in AMURICA?

I was joking about your NH transgressions. In terms of more substantive matters, I will answer as many questions as I can, but I would first just like to state that Limmer needs to be respected, for real. The word "artisinal" gets thrown around a lot, but these guys are master artisans of the first order. It's a world renowned family business featuring three generations of bootmakers. I could go on and on about them, including the special Bavarian leather that they use that no one else in the world uses and their impeccable bootfitting wizardry, but let's just say that they are the real deal.

By the way, I spoke with a friend last night who goes to the shop frequently--he said that last time he was ther, Peter Limmer said that the list for customs was at SIX years, and that the price of customs is north of $600. This may seem insane, but I personally know hikers and mountaineers that have Limmers that are over 35 years old--and still going strong. For people that live to hike, and also have incredibly hard to fit feet (different sizes, crazy bunions, etc) there is no other option. The guys are known as miracle-workers in this regard.

As far as fitting goes, I'll hedge a little bit by saying that the different boots have different lasts, but in general--I'd say that most people I know agree that they fit large by one FULL size. In other words, if you normally wear a 9.5, you'll take an 8.5 in Limmers. Also, these things can be HELL to break in. For those of you who know the pain associated with breaking in a pair of Vasques (especially in the city), multiply that agony by five and you're in Limmer territory. But it's all worth it.

Pictures are not possible for me right now, but here's a couple to hold you over...

Limmers-cfa41.jpg

2496338207_e8c268e0a9.jpg?v=0

PICS OF THE SHOP IN NH

91256460_eb050f86fe.jpg?v=0

91256448_aeb3c99cde.jpg?v=0

Holy moly tenfold! Propers on that post mang... sarcasm and dry humor aside...I am seriously considering a pair of the Light Weights.

I see the light...a good bit of history with this company. I also realize the dire need to have a customized boot for such activity...that's just ill though (the wait time + price). I'm just a city dweller who may or may not end up in the occassional bad weather/rough terrain combo. Vasques weren't really an issue to me back in the day...so hopefully that'll lessen the impact with these...hopefully. Iron feet forever.

Thanks for all the info hobbes...look forward to the pics.