about to wash my raw denim...

cw

i've searched all the threads, and my head is spinning from all of my options? any suggestions, before i do my best not to ruin these?

they're fitting great except for the waist, which is really annoying because it's stretched like two sizes. i've had them for seven months, wearing them once or twice a week only unfortunately.

i'm thinking about either doing a cold wash inside out in the machine. and drying outside. or doing a 'bucket' rinse that i saw on one of the links to a japanese site. but, i don't read japanese, so that's a shot in the dark.

i'm also tempted not to do anything to tray and get more wear in them, but the waist is a real pain in the ass.

sorry to have to post as i know this has been talked about at nauseum. but i need some direct advice. thanks in advance...

wash them inside out in a sink with woolite black and really hot water. Let them soak for 2 hours and then rinse them and you can do another soak in hot if you want. do not ring them out, just let them dip dry. Don't put them in a machine unless you wanna lose a lot more indigo.

Carpe Denim! (not the jean brand silly!)

1123865699585_selvage_edited.JPG

I want to do my first wash on a three month old pair of APCs, because they've stretched out so much I want them to shrink back down. I wanted to wait longer so that they could get some more wear before washing, but they stretched out 1-2 sizes in the waise. What would be the best way to shrink them, without losing too much indigo?

mine still look pretty much brand new. i was hoping they'd magically fade nicely after the first wash. which i still haven't done yet. why do yours suck? just the fading? or quality? or what? and how did you wash yours?

It s been about 5 months and the fading has been pretty minimal. I have only ever rinsed them once in cold water. I m not ready to wash them yet, as I am not sure how much indigo will be lost. I am going to wait until I am absolutely sure that there will be some nice contrasts before I wash them.

So what would be the best way to get high contrasts? I've generally read that a hot wash is the best way to do this... but it seems like a hot wash would also make the dark areas a lot lighter too. So I'm wondering if perhaps doing multiple cold washes instead might be better at preserving the dark areas while still washing out the indigo in the worn areas.