Warehouse Denim Contest [pics and discussion]

cheep

here how my patch looks after grease, hot wash n dry and a day of wear:

contest004.jpg

I think it's got a lot of character.

btw was it ever specified what kind of leather is used for the patch? cause it would be interesting to know...

what kind of grease did you use? proabably will use obenauf's on mine.

Sorry I haven't responded to PMs for the people interested in my 34s. I'll have to get measurements tonight, and my camera broke so no pics--I think everyone knows what they look like by now. Check BiG's measurement chart for post-wash info--mine have been hemmed so the post-wash inseam will be closer to 34.

Price will be $175 shipped USPS priority within the U.S. Paypal strongly preferred.

To all those who get their jeans hemmed:

Be VERY thankful to Gordon... I came into the store last night to pick up my jeans and apparently he fucked up his left hand from all of the chainstich hemming... had to get his hand X-Rayed because of some swelling and possible dislocation of a bone

Apparently, he had a marathon session of jean hemming one night and banged out like 60 pairs (that's 120 pant legs). And since he doesn't have a union special (which automatically rolls the hem for you) he was rolling and hemming all by hand. hence the injury.

And despite all of that, he's still in his usual good spirits... that's love, right there.

On another note, the comments about the jean construction are a little troubling... I hope that's more the exception rather than the rule. If anything, it may provide for some interesting repair opportunities.

Got 28's because I was thinking of wearing them raw for a bit

Put them on yesterday after receiving them and they were kinda big

Hot soaked for about 3 hours last night with several added boiling pots of water

Machine dry on high until slightly damp...slightly

Wore them for about 30 minutes last night then hung them up

Put them on this morning and they fit perfect

I'd measure them but I really don't feel like taking them off right now. They be hugging me and I need some of that this morning.

Guest El Salvador

#122 is checking in! I've got the feeling that I'm the last person who gets them but wat the heck. I got them at last! :D

measurements and fit pics will follow soon.

Be VERY thankful to Gordon... I came into the store last night to pick up my jeans and apparently he fucked up his left hand from all of the chainstich hemming... had to get his hand X-Rayed because of some swelling and possible dislocation of a bone

good lawd. that's just crazy.

#122 is checking in! I've got the feeling that I'm the last person who gets them but wat the heck. I got them at last! :D

measurements and fit pics will follow soon.

how did you get yours before me??? does the inside pocket have #121 and another number thats blacked out?

Apparently, he had a marathon session of jean hemming one night and banged out like 60 pairs (that's 120 pant legs). And since he doesn't have a union special (which automatically rolls the hem for you) he was rolling and hemming all by hand. hence the injury.

And despite all of that, he's still in his usual good spirits... that's love, right there.

On another note, the comments about the jean construction are a little troubling... I hope that's more the exception rather than the rule. If anything, it may provide for some interesting repair opportunities.

you herd that, muthafuckas???

he's putting it all on the line for the love of the game.

cats better respect da god, fo real.

and jubei, he does have a union special, but i think he doesn't have the attachment that rolls the hem for you.

and jubei, he does have a union special, but i think he doesn't have the attachment that rolls the hem for you.

thanks for clearing that up.

still, he was saying how in Japan, it takes almost no effort at all to chainstitch hems thanks to that attachment (hence all the stories about people going into stores and walking out with altered hems in a matter of minutes)

Another neat story: apparently the contest denim is so dense that he needed to change needles every three or four pairs because the needles were dulling. Apparently, he can do about ten samurai before changing needles... crazy huh?

I have never bothered oiling any patch on any jeans, and am not anxious to start, but lilldavid, that does look good.

My patch was fine after 48 minutes in a hot laundromat dryer... wrinkled, but not discolored or overly dried out.

Oddly (to me), after hanging up over night, the waist got bigger again - I guess the puckers from the dryer "relaxed"; and today the waist measures 32, exactly as BiG chart said it would.

Many thanks to Gordon for all his efforts and I wish him a speedy recovery! Maybe someone - edmond? you're rich, right? could get him a hedgehog for a holiday gift. :D

Fit pics:

DW660_01_doubletruck.jpg

I could definitely have sized down one more, but these are fine for me; I like the classic, low-slung fit. They are quite comfortable. I think they will probably shrink a little more in subsequent washes, as well.

the cut suits you very well tang

anxious to shrink mine down and see how my pair will fit. I tried the store pair and the seat is heavenly, but I'm having some mixed feelings about the leg width (especially after having worn a bunch of skinny tapered jeans)

I'm pretty committed to not altering the cut, but I'm just trying to think about how I'm gonna rock em day to day. These guys are essentially a repro jean with a modern fitting seat and a low waist.

Guest El Salvador
how did you get yours before me??? does the inside pocket have #121 and another number thats blacked out?

Yeah it was kinda strange.. Gordon said that my pair was shipped already so I thought I was just getting my 30's since I didn't get any confirmation about the exchange nor the shipment. Apparently they already got my size exchanged and sent them to me on 10/31. It's all good now. They are #122 btw.

And when he's not hemming jeans, he's on the Blackberry I'd imagine. Gordon is really going the distance to take care of us!