yohji yamamoto selvage & prada half selvage

weiyung

Hi,

I was at woodbury outlets past weekend, and saw the yohji yamamoto selvage jeans size 3 at off saks 5th.

looks great, however the length was a little short. size 3 is about a 34 waist but the length was too short, probably a 30 length.

and at neiman marcus last call, saw the prada half selvage size 50EU/34US. it was a really nice pair, one of the buttons was missing, and it was a bit too straight legged for me. I saw the same pair at space (miu miu & prada store) had the same pair of jeans for much more.

anyhow, letting people know if you want to get a pair, there was only 1 pair within the store, it caught my eye because of the hard shiny fabric of selvage jeans.

I was going to take pictures, but felt a bit odd doing something like that in a store.

i saw some of those Y-3 selvage jeans... didn't bother trying them on as the price was sky high, the washes ugly, and the cut looked really unflattering.

No Shirt. No Shoes. No Dice.

Learn it. Know it. Live it.

y-3 is not the same as yohji yamamoto..he has an own line of selvage denim. serious quality.

y-3 was quite good in the last collection, regarding denim. but they fell off big time. since recently they use italian denim and dont make selvage anymore. and those big ugly logos on the backpockets.

turn-offs..

also, the jeans did not have any show of the brand.

the yohji were cool if you try them on, there was some sort of sweatpants material inside the pant leg, hard to describe. From just looking at them you wouldn't know they were from yohji, unless you know their collection

the prada ones, there is a belt loop that says prada, the rest of it you couldn't tell if they are from prada or not, but they are very straight leg, and inseam was 36in? too long for me even if cuffed.

the pair at space was selling for $140 from $280, original was 500 something. The button that was missing is just a regular button (not metal) so it shouldn't be hard to replace if you plan on buying them, or you could ask the people at space to give you the button that comes with the pair there.