Cheap Monday parka - any ideas, comments?

chingon

I am really interested in the CheapMonday parka (offered by urban outfitters for a decent price of $130). I am looking for any personal experience with the coat: is it warm, well constructed, etc? CM's stuff seems to be pretty hit or miss.

13718952_01_b

13718952_01_g

the nifty hand grommet thing that looks cool but I can forsee how it could be very annoying...

13718952_01_e

and althgough I don't neccesarily want this to be a "x or y" thread, This affordable spiewalk is my other choice. (opinions?)

aed32710_navy_d.jpg

Thanks so much for your help...

they have the cheap monday coat at a local shop here. i didnt try it on or really get a chance to take a good look at construction etc., but the outer material looked & felt kind of cheap(no pun). however it did seem like it would be fairly warm. i think the price was a bit more here, but i guess its decent coat for something under 150.

That's what I mean, sometimes there jeans and shoes and wahtnot are amazingly high quality, other times, you are getting exactly what you are paying for, maybe even just the hype. I do agree that the CM looks better, but I am hoping for warmer (?) or just as warm...

i'd third the Spiewak recommendation, the jacket i had last years and the guy i sold it to still wears it frequently - they are made to last and are very warm.

Bobo hits the nail on the head, its a proper outerwear company, and westside is right about Karmaloop always having them in the sale.

the cheap monday one I saw at UO a while back. Fit was actually pretty nice. I tried on an XS and i'm usually swimming in these things, but the cheap monday one was a decent fit and a decent price, but I'm waiting for the sales. I don;t know if i'd spend full retail on a jacket like this....

Thank you for all the responses.

i got alpha industry parka like the spiewak

i tried on one of these today in a small, I really liked it, but I need an xs. I also tried on a N-3b, which I like as well, but also needs to be an xs for a decent fit, but I don't think they make them that small :cool:

Thanks again.

I think for $130 no one is looking for luxury materials, just a good fit and sufficient warmth...

I know it's not luxury material, when does CM become a luxury brand? I am saying the shit is not even worth $130

if you want warm, try to get a vintage military parka jacket, that thing will make you sweat..

Obviously, the balance is in the fit x warmth x price, not solely warmth.

The CM parka is made of nylon. Nylon is a cheap synthetic textile, I don't think there is any mystery here. Is the construction what you think makes the jacket so worthless? If you could elaborate that would be helpful.

Spiewak jackets, are they warm?

warm enough to be used by the military.

i tried buying one of the n3bs but they were out of stock at the online store i was purchasing it from.

and remember there are different varieties of the spiewak n3bs. one of them is more fashionable, and the other is mil-spec. the milspec one (the one i was trying to purchase) is a bit more expensive.