Old, extreme and raw metal

meader

Some years ago I used to listen pretty much to extreme metal from the 80's/early 90's. Actually, I think it was 'bout 4-5 years ago. I was pretty young back then, 13-14 years. I have always got very good taste. Since then, I haven't been listening much at metal at all. One week ago I started listening to this kind o' music again. Don't really remember why, just felt that I needed some raw, brutish and true music. Of course I always listen to quality music. Anyway, I started to download some of em' good ol's I used to listen to, and some new ones. Of course I own a lot of these on CD/LP, but these wares are in another location.

Slayer - Reign In Blood, Hell Awaits, Haunting The Chapel, Show No Mercy

Exodus - Bonded By Blood

Sepultura - Schizophrenia, Beneath The Remains

Dark Angel - Darkness Descends

Kreator - Pleasure To Kill

Metallica - Kill Em' All, Ride The Lightning

Possessed - Seven Churches

Testament - The Legacy

Vio-Lence - Eternal Nightmare

Anthrax - Among The Living

All these are records I used to listen to and that I now listen active to at the moment.

My favourites are something like this:

Slayer

"Reign In Blood".A really obvious one. The whole record is a true masterpiece. Very intense. Probably the thrash metal record I have listened most too. This one nearly always get me in the mood. "Angel of Death" and "Jesus Saves" are my favourite songs right now. "Hell Awaits" is a record I haven't been listening enough too, but the the title track is absolutely fantastic. Some of the best from Slayer. First record is also nice, haven't been listening enough to this one either. But "Black Magic" is really good, of course. A classic one. The EP "Haunting The Chapel" is very nice. "Chemical Warfare" and "Captor of Sin" are some really fuck'n nice songs. If they would be on Reign in Blood, they would be top 5. Intense, hi speed, dark, brutal (absolutely most brutal of the big four). A very characteristic sound (well, of course all of the groups have a very characteristic sound, but early Slayer, I can hear point out directly).

Exodus

Some really cool and wild rockers. Baloff had a mad voice. "Strike Of The Beast" is very nice with cool rockin' riffs and high speed. "Exodus" and "A Lesson In Violence" are really nice too. Straight forward rockin', bang your head against the stage, etc.

Sepultura

Haven't been listenin' to Sepultura too seriously. Remember that I was playing some First Person Shooters at a LAN 3-5 years back in the time. Was listenin' to the first half of the "Beneath The Remains" during some games at midnight time, and that was a fantastic experience. Of course i download "Beneath The Remains" again. Have been listenin' to the first half a lot during the last week. Great stuff. Pretty complex and structure of the songs. Not hi speed all the time, a lot of slower passages preparin' containing some great riffin' and solos and then hi speed again, etc. Schizophrenia, from this record I have only been listen'n to the first four tracks (I count the intro). This is some of the finest pieces of metal I've heard that's new for me in a long while. This is some really grim sounding stuff. The production sounds very raw. Everything here is top notch. Some of the finest extreme metal I've heard. I like these first four tracks so much that I haven't listened to the rest yet.

Right now I don't have the strength to write specific about all the other gropus I am mentioning above. Dark Angel and their record "Darkness Descends" is some of the absolutely most brutal thrash metal ever made. Kreator and "Pleasure To Kill" is very brutal too, not as brutal Dark Angel but still very brutal. Kreator is maybe a lil' more catchy. First two records from Metallica contain some great songs. Possessed is a band I haven't listened enough too, but the song "Exorcist" is fantastic. "The Legacy" is a overall pretty decent record. At the moment my feelings for this one isn't as great as the others, but I have some sweet memories from this one. Vio-Lence, "Calling The Coroner" got a mindblowing part in the end. Buildin' it up in the whole song and then releasin' the fury. Anthrax is very catchy. Far from the grim psychotic sound like Slayer, Dark Angel, Possessed, early Sepultura, Kreator, etc. But I like em'.

WRITE YOUR OPINIONS ABOUT THIS KIND O' MUSIC!

Ah, yes. Some pure thrashy music from the depths of black, stonecold pavement.

Recently I've been listenin' to loads of Vio-Lence. The album Oppressing The Masses mostly. This album is filled to the brim with frustrated music, trying to stab the moon with the bloody knives it's holding within its pitchblack soul. The track "I Profit" has some REALLY gory feelin' to it.

Soon I'll deal with the album Nothing To Gain, as well. I've already tasted a few pieces from it, like the track Twelve Gauge Justice. Incredibly brute lyrics mixed with straight up maggoty guitar sounds makes you shiver when hearing it!

This stuff is pretty much poetry.

"what I see makes me feel

twisted from inside

get a gun

kill the scum

justify what is right"

yea well play eb against d, noone will notice that were copying acacia strain

insted of inhaling vocals and pig squeals well have an actual guy with lung cancer and a pig attatched to a tazer?

we'll cite our influences from this thread and wear tees of these bands, extra scene cred if you give props to the oldies

Guest itsmeJT
Some years ago I used to listen pretty much to extreme metal from the 80's/early 90's. Actually, I think it was 'bout 4-5 years ago. I was pretty young back then, 13-14 years. I have always got very good taste. Since then, I haven't been listening much at metal at all. One week ago I started listening to this kind o' music again. Don't really remember why, just felt that I needed some raw, brutish and true music. Of course I always listen to quality music. Anyway, I started to download some of em' good ol's I used to listen to, and some new ones. Of course I own a lot of these on CD/LP, but these wares are in another location.

Slayer - Reign In Blood, Hell Awaits, Haunting The Chapel, Show No Mercy

Exodus - Bonded By Blood

Sepultura - Schizophrenia, Beneath The Remains

Dark Angel - Darkness Descends

Kreator - Pleasure To Kill

Metallica - Kill Em' All, Ride The Lightning

Possessed - Seven Churches

Testament - The Legacy

Vio-Lence - Eternal Nightmare

Anthrax - Among The Living

All these are records I used to listen to and that I now listen active to at the moment.

My favourites are something like this:

Slayer

"Reign In Blood".A really obvious one. The whole record is a true masterpiece. Very intense. Probably the thrash metal record I have listened most too. This one nearly always get me in the mood. "Angel of Death" and "Jesus Saves" are my favourite songs right now. "Hell Awaits" is a record I haven't been listening enough too, but the the title track is absolutely fantastic. Some of the best from Slayer. First record is also nice, haven't been listening enough to this one either. But "Black Magic" is really good, of course. A classic one. The EP "Haunting The Chapel" is very nice. "Chemical Warfare" and "Captor of Sin" are some really fuck'n nice songs. If they would be on Reign in Blood, they would be top 5. Intense, hi speed, dark, brutal (absolutely most brutal of the big four). A very characteristic sound (well, of course all of the groups have a very characteristic sound, but early Slayer, I can hear point out directly).

Exodus

Some really cool and wild rockers. Baloff had a mad voice. "Strike Of The Beast" is very nice with cool rockin' riffs and high speed. "Exodus" and "A Lesson In Violence" are really nice too. Straight forward rockin', bang your head against the stage, etc.

Sepultura

Haven't been listenin' to Sepultura too seriously. Remember that I was playing some First Person Shooters at a LAN 3-5 years back in the time. Was listenin' to the first half of the "Beneath The Remains" during some games at midnight time, and that was a fantastic experience. Of course i download "Beneath The Remains" again. Have been listenin' to the first half a lot during the last week. Great stuff. Pretty complex and structure of the songs. Not hi speed all the time, a lot of slower passages preparin' containing some great riffin' and solos and then hi speed again, etc. Schizophrenia, from this record I have only been listen'n to the first four tracks (I count the intro). This is some of the finest pieces of metal I've heard that's new for me in a long while. This is some really grim sounding stuff. The production sounds very raw. Everything here is top notch. Some of the finest extreme metal I've heard. I like these first four tracks so much that I haven't listened to the rest yet.

Right now I don't have the strength to write specific about all the other gropus I am mentioning above. Dark Angel and their record "Darkness Descends" is some of the absolutely most brutal thrash metal ever made. Kreator and "Pleasure To Kill" is very brutal too, not as brutal Dark Angel but still very brutal. Kreator is maybe a lil' more catchy. First two records from Metallica contain some great songs. Possessed is a band I haven't listened enough too, but the song "Exorcist" is fantastic. "The Legacy" is a overall pretty decent record. At the moment my feelings for this one isn't as great as the others, but I have some sweet memories from this one. Vio-Lence, "Calling The Coroner" got a mindblowing part in the end. Buildin' it up in the whole song and then releasin' the fury. Anthrax is very catchy. Far from the grim psychotic sound like Slayer, Dark Angel, Possessed, early Sepultura, Kreator, etc. But I like em'.

WRITE YOUR OPINIONS ABOUT THIS KIND O' MUSIC!

hiie9.jpg