Rock and Roll Tee Shirts

woejozney

I remember in highschool new wave group shirts were the thing. I still have a depeche mode, new order, and morrisey shirt in my home shirt pile. The last concert shirt I bought was a Puffy Ami Yumi shirt 3 years ago.

it seems too often that i see kids who buy led zeppelin or rolling stones shirts and only wear them for the novelty value, as opposed to actually attending one of their concerts or because they are true diehard fans. band shirts are cool if you want to look like a wannabe rocker, but i tend to veer away from them.

Edited by senor_fusion on Aug 7, 2005 at 06:26 PM

I wish I had a shirt that says:

"I downloaded all of Metallica's albums" on the front.

"Fuck you Lars" on the back.

I have a Pink Floyd tee and wish they's reunite for one last tour.

I was born the year Dark Side of the Moon came out, so

unless I was conceived in the bleachers, I've never been to one of their concerts.

I wear the tee because I'm a huge Floyd fan.

I wouldn't wear a Shania Twain tee no matter how hot the graphic was.

Can I ask you something? These sunglasses: they're really nice. Are they like government issue, or do you guys all go to the same store together?

Quote:

I wish I had a shirt that says:

"I downloaded all of Metallica's albums" on the front.

"Fuck you Lars" on the back.

I have a Pink Floyd tee and wish they's reunite for one last tour.

I was born the year Dark Side of the Moon came out, so

unless I was conceived in the bleachers, I've never been to one of their concerts.

I wear the tee because I'm a huge Floyd fan.

I wouldn't wear a Shania Twain tee no matter how hot the graphic was.

--- Original message by dagsolo on Aug 7, 2005 07:35 PM

I have the Hunter Gatherer Dark Side of The Moon interpretation shirt. I wear it frequently. :)

There is nothing wrong with rocking an old faded out rock shirt, regardless if you like the band or not! I think it is hillarious in the case of this Oak Ridge Boys shirt that some crusty cow girl or boy used to rock the hell out of this shirt for years to make it look this way. They must have really liked that crappy band!

Carpe Denim!

1123865699585_selvage_edited.JPG

Quote:

If you're wearing a shirt that's older than you are and cost more today than it did then, you're probably wearing it for the wrong reasons. If it was sewn yesterday to look like it's older than you, you are definitely wearing it for the wrong reasons.

"DIY til' I die or turn 21, I'll only sell out when hypocrisy's more fun"

--- Original message by miguel on Aug 7, 2005 08:07 PM

You don't have to be born in the same era as a band to love a band. Even if you don't like the band and like the T-Shirt.....is that a crime?

Have always thought New York Dolls T-Shirts are cool, don't listen to the band though

Edited by andewhall on Aug 7, 2005 at 08:21 PM

I rock my Iron Maiden shirt, Seventh Son of a Seventh Son, which was my skate music in the late 80's. It has become soft, faded and stained. I am looking forward to winning some vintage skateboard shirts on ebaY, but it's so expensive. Had I known, I wouldn't have donated my shirts to charity.

Quote:
Quote: The last concert shirt I bought was a Puffy Ami Yumi shirt 3 years ago.

Haha!

--- Original message by TragicBliss on Aug 7, 2005 06:36 PM

hey man I dont care if they sold out and became a saturday morning cartoon, married to glay, and they're hitting 40. I'd still double team them.

Damn..do you know anywhere I can get that white tshirt? I picked up the pink one at their concert last year @ Lee's Palace but it's gotten a bit too..umm..snug. I don't think they had the white one back then....

and you should check out the Bloc Party remix album...DFA1979 does a sick remix of Luno..