blue blood vs dry goods sizing

juice

I'm considering picking up a pair of dry goods that i've been after for some time now.. I have a pair of the blue bloods (bootcut) that are 36x32 .. they fit great but i'm curious if i would expect the dry goods to fit similarly.. i know there will be some bit of shrinkage but i'm mainly wondering if the cuts would be similar..

i've heard the dry goods run a bit larger than their stated sizing.. but im not sure if thats also true for the regular blue bloods line as well.. any ideas?

-tom

problem is they do not sell dry goods locally so I have to order them online.. Just wanted some advice on which I should go for.. I assume I will not be washing them for a bit till I break them in..

I am guessing i'll try the 36's.. do they run substantially larger or just a bit looser?

Does anyone have a link to a style guide for the blue bloods and dry goods lines? I'm curious what the differences between these two particular styles are..

I came across these 2 different styles I really like but I'm confused about what the real differences are in materials/design other than the style diffs..

this pair is part of the dry goods line.. (preference)

goods-front.JPG

goods-back.JPG

and this pair seems to be raw selvage as well.. but not part of the dry goods line.. i see the cinch belt addition which is alright but i'm not sure if the material is actualy of the same quality as the dry goods above..

raw-front.JPG

raw-back.JPG

does anyone have any more info on these 2 lines.. or possibly a prefference or recommendation on which might be a better pair to pick up? I love my other pairs of bluebloods and I really want to find a nice selvage pair to break in..

Edited by juice on Aug 5, 2005 at 10:26 AM

i don't know much about blue blood's denim, but based on those pictures i'd say go for the pair on the top. the simple practical reason is the cinch back spikes on the second pair will poke into your chairs, car seats, couches, etc.,. it's quite a pain in the ass. also, the pockets on the first pair are simpler, which is better in my book. they both look nice though.

"God is Dead" - Nietzsche icon_smile_angry.gif

"Nietzsche is Dead" - God icon_smile_cool.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Agree with darknworn on

Quote: ...the cinch back spikes on the second pair will poke into your chairs, car seats, couches, etc..

and it's quite badly thought out in that implemetation, IMHO.

I have a pair MWB03BS (the second pair - which has lined pockets) and I had to take out the cheap spikes (even Levis had better ones) altogether.

I also prefer the front pockets of the first pair (dry goods).

= = = = = = =

the moment i heard my first love story, i started looking for you...