New York Hardcore

thinkfilm28

The most hardcore thing...hmm...

All alone at night for the first time in Williamsburg...new to the city...walked over the W'burg bridge by myself, walked thru the Village by myself, into Chinatown to my buddys place. Didnt see so much as a bum.

Im sad to say but that really is the most hard core thing to happen to me there. NYC is a teddy bear.

a bit more than a year ago i was taking a summer course at columbia and they had an absolute 100% anti drug/alcohol policy, like they literally sent kids that paid 10 grand for the course home in the first night. So i'm in the dorms, shroomed out of my fucking skull, trying to act normal while walking past the RA. Ive never been that scared in my life.

"those are some crazy pants nigga! you doin' it! you doin' it nigga!" - bum/crackhead

as much as people say ny is slipping, i do think they still have the best crackheads in the world

parts of la come close, but ime dudes there treat it too much like show business, like it's all schtick or something

u kiddin me??? every1 knos the best and most plentiful crackheads are in DC.

every1 used 2 b STRUNG OUT. EVERY1. holy shit. u'd think every1 was a bum mayne.

SO U WANT 2 KNO HUH? WELL IT INVOLVED SUM BAPES.

I GOT EM.

it depend on the part.

i remember in the 90s it was lyk fukin BOMB WENT OFF IN DAT BITCH.

but recently i find it safe to be outside of your house at nite. things change lol.

yea i only been 2 camden 1ce n it was durin the dai. shit is grimey grimey

its true, even washington dc had a mayor that was a crackhead
yea...EVERYONE was cracked out.

my frined who r older then me tell me storie lyk how their teechr at skool were strung out n shit in class lol.

I never been to Gary, Indiana, but I always hear how its the worst and most depressing shithole in America..

edit: speaking of crack, its kinda amazing how the "epidemic" isnt around anymore. I mean, its still bad in various pockets of the US but its just not even 10% of the shit it used to be in the late 80s/early 90s.

Having a young, angry black guy telling me he had 15 9mm reasons why I should respect him in his back pocket, about 10 minutes after I got off the train at Penn station.
sorry syb, i didnt kno it was u.

Since there's a crackhead theme here...

I was volunteering at this place called the Flophouse Theatre (I think it's on Bleeker) and it was owned and run by this affluent 40 year old redhead and her boyfriend/I dunno what he was. Anyway, we were cleaning up after a show and talking, when suddenly the redhead woman comes over to me and in with a completely straight face, asks me the following:

"Hey Greg, we're all going back to my house tonight. Want to come smoke some crack with us?"

After I picked my jaw up off the floor, I scuttled out of there, never to return again. Why? Because crack is whack, yo.

Damn.

There was also the subway crazee who first told me to put away my camera because I was making everyone nerrrrvous...then he said he's going to tell the police I was assaulting destructodisk. Theennnn he asked if I was vietcong or chinese. I told him vietcong and he started speaking in some 'other language'.

Damn.

There was also the subway crazee who first told me to put away my camera because I was making everyone nerrrrvous...then he said he's going to tell the police I was assaulting destructodisk. Theennnn he asked if I was vietcong or chinese. I told him vietcong and he started speaking in some 'other language'.

Holy shit! Was he kinda old, with a long whitish gray beard and a plastic bag full of papers? On the A train? There was a guy that would be on my car at least once a month saying how the vietcongs were coming after him and then verbally attacking just about everyone Asian in sight.

God I miss home.

So i'm on the A train, which is like the nastiest train ever, since it basically starts, and ends in the hood. Anyway, i'm sitting, minding all my business, and theres been this old guy, in really dark Stevie Wonder type shades sitting across from me the whole time. I just assumed he was blind, and didnt know he was staring dead ass at someone the whole ride. Anyway ,as I get off to get off at my spot, he starts blowing kisses at me...

Mind you, I was like 15 at ths time, he was atleast like 65. Gross

Not the worst story, but a funny recent one:

I was riding the A home from one one evening, and a really drunk Eastern-European dude was on the train, wobbling around, bumping into people, slurring apologies, etc. This went on for a few stops, then a seat opened and he plopped down and promptly passed out. A few stops later he sort of slumps to the side, still asleep, and then the woman sitting nearest to him says "Holy Shit" and jumps up. Slowly the bench he was on starts to fill with a puddle of clearish-yellowish liquid. Everyone thinks he's pissed himself and runs away in sheer horror.

Here's the best part: he wakes up, feels that his pants are wet, reaches into his jacket pocket and pulls out an open tall boy of Bud, which he proceeded to polish off and then got off the train, leaving his puddle of spilled beer behind.

Just another Tuesday rush hour in the greatest city on earth...