shit you hate

RedFoxxworth

had a run-in with an old du yesterday at a family dinner

he's married to one of my great aunts. i try to avoid political talk as much as i can, but when i was flipping through tv channels and obama's face comes up, dude starts going on a loud tirade about how obama got elected because he was black.

the nail in the coffin was him saying that "all n****rs are lazy and no-gooders." when i switched the channel to how i met your mother, he goes on to forcefully grab the remote from me and change the channel because a "gay" is on TV (neil patrick harris).

Does he work for Google? I hear Google secretly hates the gays.

http://edition.cnn.com/2011/TECH/web/06/23/google.gay.pride/

how old was that guy?! my uncle drops racist shit all the time but it's usually in a kindof lovable "oh jim, you crazy old bastard!" way.

yknow, he says shit like "that coloured fella!"

i think if i heard him say thta black people were worthless i might have shit to say.

edit - "google queries" haha

I hate the dude the constantly clogs the toilet in my office floor's bathroom. Fuck you and your unnatural shit amounts and inappropriate use of toilet paper.

I also hate the first guy that pisses on the floor under the urinal. It makes the next guy have to stand further back (so as to not stand in your piss), making him more likely to piss on the floor. Which then means the next guy has to stand even further back. Leading to a vicious cycle resulting in a piss lake.

Probably same dude.

sliced cucumber

toast

mayo

salt and pepper

I know this is supposed to be a hate thread, but hell yeah. so good. I add dijon mustard and spinach usually though. Also, persian cucumbers are godamn amazing for sandwiches. crispy and sweet!

how old was that guy?! my uncle drops racist shit all the time but it's usually in a kindof lovable "oh jim, you crazy old bastard!" way.

yknow, he says shit like "that coloured fella!"

i think if i heard him say thta black people were worthless i might have shit to say.

he's in his late 60s, served in vietnam, and is now married to my great aunt (vietnamese).

and no, he didn't speak in a playful tone. it was a mix of anger, bitterness, and just extreme disdain.

i expressed my opinions and asked him "u mad?" he then gave me a death stare and called me a gay-loving liberal.

swag

When did this turn from shit you hate?

Also, hate the fact that I pretty much failed the first exam of finals yesterday.

Could see me failing and dropping out of med school.

It's not like I didn't study. I just couldn't do one part that was worth like 33% of the paper. I'm not even that amazing anyway, so I'll be lucky if I get like over half of the marks I could get.

I've a good part of my life towards becoming a doctor. It's literally slipping away in front of me. I have more exams in 10 days time. A part of me says I should study even harder so that it doesn't happen again. Then another part of me has lost all hope.

Well.

I failed.

I'm out. Turns out I did okay in that paper, but I absolutely bombed the next one... the one I thought I had to do better in.

Worst thing is, it's not that I didn't work and it's not like I don't know my stuff. I just couldn't do these exams. Unfortunately my uni doesn't do vivas for medicine, so I'm up shit creek without a paddle.

No basis for academic appeal either. I spoke to the head of the school about it, he said it was unlikely an appeal would be successful.

I'm not angry. I'm not upset. I'm just a bit numb atm.

hate to kick you when you're down, and I'm sorry to hear about your situation, but I'm a little bit confused by this.

No worries, it's my own fault.

When it comes to revision and stuff, I had it all nailed.

The first exam I took was a massive knock to my confidence. I had most of it dialed, apart from one section.

Then when it came to preparing for my second exam, I spent half of that time doing nothing because of the stress and when it came down to the exam, I was already stressed out and it was compounded when I began to struggle in this exam.

losing my lighters. they're only bic lighters but somehow we gain such an intimate relationship that words cannot describe the feeling and in the end, i wind up getting hurt. it's clear that i fucked up or that someone else takes them from me.

My wife loves Lancome Aromatonic and keeps coppin. Shit's discontinued. I have to hand it to her, she has her tastes regardless of cost. She loved it when it was 40 bucks a bottle, and she loves it now that it's over 120. I swear, she'll still be buying it when it hits 400.

yeah i know i'll see if i can get ready quick enough to make room in my schedule for a nap before the trip. with the constant heat (around 32° today, 35° where i'm going), i'll fall asleep in a minute if i don't nap beforehand.

$250 speeding ticket on the way home from a party this morning at like 7am. I was about 50 feet from the entrance to my neighborhood and super high and it just totally killed an awesome night. It's whatever though, I have the money to pay for it and if I just don't think about what I could have bought with $300 then it doesn't bother me too much.

I'm doing promo work for a big sale (fill a bag for $10) at my aunt's boutique and I've spent the week answering dozens of asinine questions from people who are seriously confused about a very simple event.

"Can we bring garbage bags and fill that for $10?"

No.

"What sizes do you have? I'm really skinny so I have a hard time finding clothes small enough."

Congrats.

"How do I get there?!?!"

Read the address in the description and follow it.

"What kind of stuff do u sell?"

Clothes. It's a clothing store.

People are so dumb....

No worries, it's my own fault.

When it comes to revision and stuff, I had it all nailed.

The first exam I took was a massive knock to my confidence. I had most of it dialed, apart from one section.

Then when it came to preparing for my second exam, I spent half of that time doing nothing because of the stress and when it came down to the exam, I was already stressed out and it was compounded when I began to struggle in this exam.

Got in contact with another med school.

I may be able to reapply for the 2012 cycle on their accelerated course, but I have to do well on an aptitude test and still go through interview. I'll have to start again, but it puts me back on track.

Only problem is that I have to revise high school stuff. Which isn't bad, but I'm rusty as fuark.

Worth doing? Or should I just get a job.

I also hate the amount of stress this is causing me.

Got in contact with another med school.

I may be able to reapply for the 2012 cycle on their accelerated course, but I have to do well on an aptitude test and still go through interview. I'll have to start again, but it puts me back on track.

Only problem is that I have to revise high school stuff. Which isn't bad, but I'm rusty as fuark.

Worth doing? Or should I just get a job.

I also hate the amount of stress this is causing me.

going to med school seems like one of those life altering decisions that you have to be completely into and serious about to be successful; if you're consulting an internet forum to make it for you then you probably should just find something else.