Custom Jeans in LA

jedihabitat

Hey guys! I haven't posted anything on this thread in awhile, but wanted to show you some projects I had been working on over the past few months...of course they were all for me...check it out let me know what you think

fzc67n.jpg

I made these about 6 months or so again:

Japanese Selvedge (one wash before construction)

Black thread, hidden rivets, zipper fly

haven't washed yet...

287ly7l.jpg

v4coeh.jpg

ra599g.jpg

a17clj.jpg

These are about 5 months old

Denim Unknown (Raw)

Grey Thread, Button fly, Hounds tooth pocket lining, Back pockets lined

29hkwk.jpg

r0cef6.jpg

25hmhjs.jpg

2vmy6uu.jpg

2itg6ef.jpg

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cords are about 3 months or so

Beige and purple thread, Button fly

28l9zpi.jpg

w20duw.jpg

aa8zes.jpg

9uopiu.jpg

28jazjs.jpg

33w7hwi.jpg

3 weeks old

Kaiahara Japanese 14oz Denim

Black Rivets, Beige & Black Thread, Hidden Rivets, Reinforced Coin & Back Pockets, Button Fly, Pen Pocket, Coin Pocket in Front Right Pocket.

t8ug06.jpg

xd9ef6.jpg

2d7u8wo.jpg

91jqc6.jpg

continued...

2d7u8wo.jpg

fwr8ti.jpg

2 days old - Work Wear Trouser (Inspired by Mister Freedom)

13.5oz Cone Mill Denim Red line Selvedge

White Thread, Button Fly, Cinch Strap, Bias Tape at Cuff, Coin pocket in Front Right Pocket, Selvedge at waistband

qqtsfc.jpg

33cneit.jpg

2ppy0w5.jpg

10fdkqp.jpg

b81ri8.jpg

2llmza9.jpg

30jr7rk.jpg

2chkrd2.jpg

I'll post fit pics soon.

yea I know, I've been trying to get my site up, but have been slacking. I'll definitely start updating my blog again. thanks for all the props.

oh and aizan, stop by the shop sometime we can talk about some lessons, I've been looking for someone that's really interested in making jeans, I could use an extra hand from time to time :)

• 2 weeks later...

as promised...fit pics on all these pants!

Work Trousers:

29lzs7c.jpg

2rhojy9.jpg

do6sf5.jpg

Oldies but goodies...I love the way these are fading.

302anhx.jpg

23s88dh.jpg

These are the jeans I go hiking in...don't ask me why, but that's why the grey looks a little off.

2d1lf1u.jpg

34695c7.jpg

mtuhl.jpg

Poly- actually I only do felled ( or as I call it "cabio") center seams, and yolk, I never use felled seams for the leg...sometimes I don't even felled the center seams and yolk. when I have an idea for a pair of jeans I just want to bust them out and wear them. so sometimes I skip some steps

Unfortunately, I need you and your body for the jeans to come out perfect. I mean, sure, I can make you jeans based off of measurements you send me, but they aren't going to be exactly what you want as far as fit is concerned. (shrugs) I wish it were that easy. You could always send me a pair of jeans you like and i could duplicate them for you...that's always a consideration.

• 1 month later...

it's been a minute since I posted anything, so I wanted to show everyone what I've been up to besides making custom jeans. I found this hickory at my denim source, I was a little unsure about how it would come out, but at $2.50 a yard I figured what do I have to lose. Anyway here's what I put together. Let me know what you think!

2mds5q9.jpg

Fly is a Cone 12.5 oz selvedge

25rcoci.jpg

The outside seam is not selvedge, I cut the pattern out a 1/4" larger, folded the seam over twice at a 1/4" width and top stitched it with orange thread...I kinda like the way it turned out. I also added the bias tape again. For some reason I love how it looks when the jean is cuffed.

ev7wpd.jpg

Hidden coin pocket is same Cone selvedge

2i9hzs0.jpg

No yolk and added cinch strap

qy7m0h.jpg

I'll add fit pics shortly

So I've been on sufu for awhile now, reading posts and learning a lot about denim, but I have never posted. I've been in love with denim since the very first pair of Diesel jeans I received as a birthday present about 9 years ago since then I've been a passionate enthusiast of all things denim...that being said I decided that I'd take my interests to the next level. I decided to apprentice at one of the only custom jeans shops in the US and possibly even the world (there's probably a few out there that maybe you guys know of). Anyway, when I say custom I mean we take measurements, cut a pattern, pick the denim and thread, and build the jean on old single stich Singer machines...yea, I know, it's pretty sweet. So that's my deal, and being new at it I thought I'd share with all of you my very first pair of custom jeans. I made these from start to finish. Let me know what you think. there will be many more to come :)

27wtw5g.jpg

10z7pr6.jpg

2up5pw3.jpg

2jdfeyd.jpg

Some info about the jeans and construction:

Denim: 13oz Cone Mill Pre-Shrunk Raw Selvage

Hardware: Copper rivets and Buttons

Thread: 100% Polyester top-stiching thread

Features: Double top-stiched hem

Double top-stiched in-seam

Hidden Rivets on back pocket

Selvage Fly

Selvage on outer seam and coin pocket

7 belt loops 2 sport the selvage

*took about 25 hours to complete

Sorry for the quality of the pics

These look great!

Poly- actually I only do felled ( or as I call it "cabio") center seams, and yolk,

i love that in the LA garment industry you probably seldomly run into someone who knows what a "felled" seam is. when i was reading this it reminded me how ridiculous it is that everyone calls a "felled" seam "caballo", meaning "horse".