wide leg jean suggestions

erl1580

Looking for some jeans with a wide leg opening of 10.5 inches. Not bootcut though, i'd like to find a medium rise, loose, straight leg that are dry and unwashed. under $200 would be good too. Any suggestions?

Which LVC models would fit the description above?

Some of the chino cut Blue Bloods & Rag N Bone's are pretty loose (although the RnB's will probably have a handbrush+rinse wash). Not sure if you'll find those for under $200.

Also the dry Rogan's that were posted on here recently.

Otherwise, Howie's OSD have a reasonably loose, straight leg, as does MHI.

You might try Yen Jeans model 110RW

RW stands for Roomy Wide, whereas the regular 110 is somewhat straighter (although not tight).

The 110 line is a bit lower-rise than the Yen 105 line (which are more of a 501 cut) or the 115's (which are wide but high-waisted).

They run about 150 pounds sterling in the UK -- don't know about North America.

The sizing is a bit odd on the unwashed Yens -- they specify the size after shrinkage, so if you usually fit a 32, get a 32, not a 34 as you might do with other dry unsanforized denim.

Incidentally, the 501 55's have been dropped from the European Fall '05 Levi's Vintage collection. Don't know what that indicates (maybe nothing..., they may have just sold out and they can't be resupplied for awhile).

The US Fall collection is not up yet, so it will be interesting to see what that features.

thanks all, very helpful. Anyone interested in a pair of 1944 levis s501xx one wash? same ones as the ones in Aero. Weren't as loose as I hoped, fit is more regular. Not trying to make any $$, just want my money back. Tag has 34 x 34 but is a 32x31-$125 shipped. Also got a pair of NWT RRL green selvedge for $75 shipped. size is 34x30

Definitely check out:

JNCO: lots of great wide legs up to 50"

KikWear: Awesome logo, huge wide legs, but the 32" openings are the best.

GAT (Gypsies & Theives): Cool Graff-art inspired shit, huge 40" openings

Actin' bad like a kid at Six Flags...

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello All

As promise, here is the thread on the Arrival of Atelier LaDurance in New York & the USofA. Here are the different styles we have selected in Berlin:

11 oz Dungaree

14 oz Royal Pants

11 oz Novelty

11 oz Novelty Jacket

14 oz Frontier Pants

11 oz Mini Skirt - for the ladies

Horse Hide Belts - Black & Brown

Black Tee Plain - Logo

White tee - Superbe

Black Tank

White tank

That's all Folks

Stop by 616 East 9 Street NY (btwn ave B & C)

or email us at [email protected]

Cheers

Richard

• 4 months later...
Quote:

Looking for some jeans with a wide leg opening of 10.5 inches. Not bootcut though, i'd like to find a medium rise, loose, straight leg that are dry and unwashed. under $200 would be good too. Any suggestions?

Which LVC models would fit the description above?

--- Original message by erl1580 on Aug 2, 2005 01:04 PM

From what I have been hearing the '55 LVC's have got the closest cut to what you are looking for. I have been searching for years to find the same jeans you are talking about with the mid-rise, straightlegged, moderately wide leg opening, and have found some satisfaction in the PRPS jean cuts.

I'm still looking though for the elusive perfect-fit, and I wish I knew if the '55 LVC's were what I was looking for.

Keep this thread updated if possible!

• 10 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Does anyone have any advice on a brand/model of jeans...specifically raw japanese denim...that are a looser/fuller cut in the leg? I just got back from Hong Kong and went to Take5. great shop btw...thanks for whomever posted those guys. Awesome store. Anyway, I did come home with a pair of Dry Bones 38x36. I'll see how much those shrink in the legs/thighs.

That said, I am always looking for a fuller straight leg style. I hate to say it but the jeans that fit me the best are those cheap Levis loose or relaxed straight legs...569 & 559 respectively. I just don't like the denim and the wash.

Thanks

i'm not into the skinny leg trend so i looked around for some looser cuts. for raw japanese, check out:

samurai s510xx

skull s5000xx

studio d'artisan sd-101 (same cut as the sd-201 mentioned above)

sc1955

these are all pretty much regular, straight leg fuller cuts. i wouldn't go much looser because too loose = poor wrinkles/combs