Sizing question for Clarks

Terminator

Hi,

I have some questions regarding Clarks sizing. I know that there are alot of Clarks threads, and a few of them do deal with sizing, but there are alot of differing opinions out there and I also thought it'd be good to have everything in one spot.

Basically, I was hoping people could compare what size they wear in various Clarks models with what they wear in other pretty common brands/models.

I'm personally most interested in Wallabees and at the moment wear mostly chuck taylors, nike AM1 and AM90, nike dunk, and vans chukkas or slip ons.

So, if you wear any of those, please compare your size in those to your size in made in China Wallabees and Padmore & Barnes Wallabees.

Please also talk about what size you wear in Desert Trek or Desert Boots.

Really hoping some of the big Clarks heads such as rythymandsoul can help out.

I usually wear a 10 in nikes and I got a 9.5 in my desert boots...Is there anywhere near you that carries any of the styles so that you could try one on?

I'm in Brisbane, Australia. It's a bit of a fashion backwater but there is one store that carries a family limited range. I'll get in there and try what they have tomorrow.

Obviously that won't answer any questions regarding vintage pairs such as the Padmore & Barnes ones though.

Thanks to everyone who's responded.

For the record, I'm a size 10 in Chuck Taylors, a size 10.5 in most nikes and a 10.5 in chukkas.

Thanks for everyone who's replied so far. One more quick question re sizing a full size down in Wallys - is that only the case in the made in China's or also the made in Ireland's? How about Padmore & Barnes Wallys labelled as Padmore & Barnes rather than Clarks? Anyone have any experience?

I went into the store that I was told carry Clarks in my home town yesterday, only to be told by the owner that you haven't been able to purchase Clarks in Australia for the past few years but a representative has spoken to her and Clarks are re-stocking to Australia in the next few months.

I find this a little difficult to believe. Can anyone in Sydney or Melbourne confirm that you haven't been able to buy Clarks down there for the past few years? Or is it just Brisbane?