Thoughts on Oliver Twist style?

verb

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread sort of reminds me of this line from William Gibson's new book, Spook Country:

"He wore a dusty-looking, no doubt expensively Dickensian chimney-sweep suit."

And of the same guy,

"He dropped his half-smoked cigarette and crushed it with an elongated, elaborately distressed shoe that she supposed went with his look."

I guess I just like "expensively Dickensian chimney-sweep."

Great catch on the Jesse James flick. I'm noticing more and more connection between Hollywood's depiction of western wear and the 1800's British style. Waistcoats, lots of wool, and drab colors are at the center of it all. Those guys are a bit more clean cut than I would prefer, however :)

I just picked up a pair of these loafers, 1853 by Levi's

6901-386270-p.jpg

Completely love them, the dusty black colour and the lightly crushed texture on the leather, along with the full leather construction (uppers, lining, sole), make them pretty unique.

While they've got a good discount on them, they're not cheap enough that I can spring for a pair of the oxfords in the same collection just yet...

6218-386265-p.jpg

6901-463809-p.jpg

I just picked up a pair of these loafers, 1853 by Levi's

Great looking shoes, I didn't see these on Zappos but I probably would have jumped on the black oxfords! I love that the sole doesn't stick out of the sides 6" like on Kenneth Cole's and other budget shoes.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...