weekend/evening warriors?

Bona Drag

so, i don't why it took me this long to figure this out, but my guess is that the vast majority of frequent posters here are students or work jobs that allow them to wear jeans every day

i'm curious - how many fade obsessives have to wear chinos, dress trousers or suits to work?

is this whole thing a pointless endeavor if one falls into this category?

are we talking two years of part-time wear for good fades?

i haven't been in the game long enough to know the answers

plus, i'm curious to hear people's thoughts on this...

It is not pointless to buy higher quality jeans in general, many people here like keeping jeans dark especially for 'dressier' occasions. I know that the quality of the material, fit and finish and all the little details make my japanese jeans that much more special even without fades.

That being said, you might want to pick up some denim that will show wear faster if you will not wear them frequently. I might suggest Flat Head 3xxx or Eternal but I am sure there are others.

stuck in this group, too, though i've just started to say "fuck it" and have been wearing jeans for the latter half of the week lately...

desk job + several pairs of jeans in rotation = slow-ass progress, but i'm not in any rush.

I might suggest ... Eternal but I am sure there are others.

i'd put eternal in the exact opposite camp, actually -- a serious bitch to fade, but they're beautiful once they come around...

It is not pointless to buy higher quality jeans in general, many people here like keeping jeans dark especially for 'dressier' occasions. I know that the quality of the material, fit and finish and all the little details make my japanese jeans that much more special even without fades.

yeah, i almost considered adding this disclaimer to my post

i hate the appearance and overall concept of predistressed anyway, so it's not like i was going to change my buying patterns

just curious

anyway, i need to get myself to that 'no more denim' thread - as a part-time wearer, i've got enough jeans to last me well into my 30s

that said, i'm between jobs at the moment, and there is a chance that wherever i end up next might allow jeans some, most, or all of the time

plus there's three years of dress-code-free grad school in my future...

i am a weekend/evening warrior for sure... the first thing i do when i get home from work is change out of my work clothes and into my jeans. and i wear my jeans all weekend, even if it's mid summer. fades definately take a lot longer, but what can i do? i just try to wear them every chance i can... i only have one pair of "focus" jeans at a time though, to maximize wear/time.

same here... sometimes during the winter, when I really miss my jeans, I'll wear them underneath my work pants, lol

I just try and hide the hems because my jeans are usually longer than my work pants.

coincidentally, not being able to wear jeans at work has helped foster my dreams of getting a new job where I do get to wear jeans... or at least go to grad school full time.

*sigh*

btw, the fastest wearing jeans these days are greycast jeans (put out by Nudie and Edwin Europe) and the XX-006 and XX008 by Pure Blue Japan. I'm considering picking up one of the PBJs as my next project for the very fact that it wears in faster.

at my job i have to wear slacks, we used to have casual saturday then we got a new regional director and she got rid of this, so i really dislike that bitch, and now my jeans get even less wear.

I wear jeans 24/7..

I get all flustered when i have to go to an event that won't allow jeans.

Shit, i'm getting married in two weeks and i'm wearing a custom tailored Flat Head 3XXX full denim suit.

I'll die in denim.

I wear jeans 24/7..

I get all flustered when i have to go to an event that won't allow jeans.

Shit, i'm getting married in two weeks and i'm wearing a custom tailored Flat Head 3XXX full denim suit.

I'll die in denim.

!!??

We HAVE to see pics. Wow, you have to wear that more than once, I'm so curious on how it'd fade >_>;

yeah me too. even though i wear my denim at work, the only fades i get at work are ass and backpocket fades for sitting on my ass all day.

most of my fades seem to come from my daily commute and outside activities.

maybe i need a more physical job.

wonder why your jacket fades faster.

that's a funny idea. maybe we can get all the new york denimheads together every weekend to play some tackle football. a little grass stain might add some flava.

:D Hilarious... that would be a totally new level of denim nerdiness

and then after the game we'd all be like:

"awesome fades bro! Thanks for tackling me"

yeah me too. even though i wear my denim at work, the only fades i get at work are ass and backpocket fades for sitting on my ass all day.

really?

based on my (much more limited) experience, you get good comb, knee and lower thigh fades by sort of sitting forward in your chair and bending your legs back underneath you

oh, and biking is where it's at

isn't that poly's secret?