one-wash fuzz is scaring me

tepr

So, all my jeans for the past long-a$$ time have been either raw or somehow treated so they don't have the one-wash fuzz.

Now i've got these fancy Skull one-wash which I like a lot for fit and look, except for the fuzz part. Has anyone used a Dfuzz-it or something to get rid of it? What else can I do besides wait 5 months for it to wear off?

Will it go away soon?! how do you one-wash dudez hang with this?

fuzz bringing this cat down

yes i did a search, but didn't find shiz so link me if this is an old topic.

i find that when i worry about things like this, opening and closing a door 30 or 60 times helps; also, turning the lights off and on repeatedly may offer relief.

if that doesn't work, wash your hands for about 25 minutes. then smoke a cigarette. then sniff your fingers. then wash your hands for another 25 minutes. repeat as needed.

There is some japanese technique where they use a lighter/zippo to burn off the fuzz. Apparently there are some articles on the net about it.

But it kinda changes the colour of the denim slightly, so I wouldn't try it unless your desperate.

this technique of using heat to burn the "nap" off of clothing is far from being japanese exclusive...

over time the fuzz should go away with extensive wear. my oni blues lost their fuzz in the thigh area when the fading started comming through. the only fuzz left is from the bottom of the knees down and thats just starting to slightly diminish.

edit: washing also helps.

this technique of using heat to burn the "nap" off of clothing is far from being japanese exclusive...

I said japanese because they actually have a name for it. Something like "ke-yaki". I do realise its something thats been used for quite some time in other countries. Its involvement in denim is also with the oxidation that takes place, not just burning the fuzz...

some jeans companies get rid of the fuzz by a process called singeing.

But don't worry about it, it will go away with a bit of wear.

Yes, singeing is usually done at the mill. You can replicate this easily by using one of those small butane torches. The ones usually used for caramelising the top of a creme brulee etc. It will be quicker than using a cigarette lighter and perhaps easier to get hold of than the flamethrower suggested earlier ;)

Otherwise, post-mill, the hairs are usually removed by cellulase enzyme washing of the finished jeans. Not an option in this case :)