Where do you post users who have ripped you off?

Denim Phenom

after getting ripped off on ebay for over $200 last year and not acting soon enough, I always am on top of things with paypal. my situation really sucked becasue the seller was in the UK and lied saying the items were being held at customs. if its almost 30 days open a claim with paypal and then let it play out. I almost got screwed again a few weeks ago on ebay but opened a claim right before the 30 day limit and the seller refunded me within 12 hours.

edit: i think they changed it to 45 days now. here is the link

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=xpt/CaseManagement/customerservice/EducationIdentifyIssue

after getting ripped off on ebay for over $200 last year and not acting soon enough, I always am on top of things with paypal. my situation really sucked becasue the seller was in the UK and lied saying the items were being held at customs. if its almost 30 days open a claim with paypal and then let it play out. I almost got screwed again a few weeks ago on ebay but opened a claim right before the 30 day limit and the seller refunded me within 12 hours.

edit: i think they changed it to 45 days now. here is the link

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=xpt/CaseManagement/customerservice/EducationIdentifyIssue

Yeah, I saw that. See, I figured that since this person was so "well respected" on this board that he wouldn't be shady. For months I got bleeding heart stories but there is no reason why you shouldn't be able to come up with $65 in 7 months. At least send me the item I paid for.

I'm slagging the dude but I don't give a shit. I'm beyond caring now.

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=32138

Seller kept dragging things on about looking for the tracking # to push time on the paypal claim. Luckily, I filed a claim at the last minute, had it decided in my favor, but unfortunately he emptied his account before paypal could recover anything.

I've since deleted almost all the messages and even if I had them I wouldn't make them public. Let's just say I "didn't" quote someone in the Samurai contest pictures thread wearing a brown flight jacket that I "didn't" buy.

its pretty obvious who you're accusing here by your signature. why not just PM him again now?

i think mod should block whoever rips ppl off..their IP

so they can't log back with other id and cheat again..

umm this is obviously whats done in these cases.

users clearly ripping anyone off are contacted and then banned if they refuse to co-operate, theres just a topic on a certain user on the top of the forum who has since been banned. if someone engaged in fradulent activity isn't reported to us, then we cant do anything about it.

I got ripped for $220+ but not here last year. There's two advice I can give you. First, if someone tells you not to deal with the guy even if it's a bargain, they don't. Second, don't wait, the more you wait the less you have chances to recover your money. Well, I hope you guys will be refund ...

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=32138

Seller kept dragging things on about looking for the tracking # to push time on the paypal claim. Luckily, I filed a claim at the last minute, had it decided in my favor, but unfortunately he emptied his account before paypal could recover anything.

What happenes in these cases? I thought paypal was supposed to cover you for a certain amoutn of money?

i think mod should block whoever rips ppl off..their IP

so they can't log back with other id and cheat again..

I've never tried, but i thought i heard that it's not overly difficult to get a new IP address. Not that it means, anything but just an observation.

I'd like $40 back as well. I've tried about once or twice a month but i only get excuses and empty promises. He's a good guy, but you know, i'm not running a charity or anything.

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone dealt with chargeback fraud. I sold some stuff on Ebay and the seller claimed never to have gotten it and filed a chargeback with their cc. Paypal deducted the funds automatically and requested tracking information which I provided. They are telling me it's gonna take 75-90 days to resolve. Should I be hopeful?

yea that has happened to some people here including me. actually in my cause the buyer filed some report that his account had been misused by someone else in which case paypal took the money from me and that was it, I provided tracking info but no help. I then proceeded to threaten the idiot with whatever I could, I told him I would call his local police station and try to resolve. in week or so I got the item back, the guy had gone to the post office and returned it. I filed as many different complaints with ebay as I could and his account was terminated :o

I think the problem with some people is they just don't care if they get banned or if paypal suspends their acct. Like on ISS some dudes screw over about 10 kids, then bounce. IP bans help a lot though. I remember on this hardcore msg board some kid from RI screwed over 20 kids on 5,000$. Nothing ever happened to him, until he got jumped out side his house.

I think the problem with some people is they just don't care if they get banned or if paypal suspends their acct. Like on ISS some dudes screw over about 10 kids, then bounce. IP bans help a lot though. I remember on this hardcore msg board some kid from RI screwed over 20 kids on 5,000$. Nothing ever happened to him, until he got jumped out side his house.

link please.