F/S: handmade knitted custom beanies/ hats

sistersuzie

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sistersuzie, I'm thinking about ordering a hat, but I was wondering about the colors. Should I find a sample of the color I want, or tell you what color, or send you the yarn...?

its really up to you, you can always ask me first, in case I'd have the yarn or could get it, that'd be cheaper for you (you wouldn't have to buy the yarn and ship it and all that jazz). Or if you cam accross a wonderful yarn, you can always get it and send it to me.

would you ship to australia? they are awesome.

thanks! Yes, I do ship to Australia

I'd like to see pics of the new hoodie that ur making with all the alterations (less chunky etc.) before i send in my order... Love ur work btw.

tonight, tonight!

My grandma also taught me a new way to knit, which allows me to "double" the thickness and the warmth of the knit without need more yarn.

The hood, improved version.

Black, 100% wool.

1538839549_5febccc5e7_o.jpg

1538841133_b18c36ed7e_o.jpg

Close up of the knitting work. I used a technique that is used to knit sock heels. What it means is that it's thicker and stronger, so warmer. It also give a very good looking knitting:

1538842205_0f57a7609c_o.jpg

Top view: some crochet

1539705556_f4f8e1ecf5_o.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Impressive work suzie. :)

How long have you been knitting for? It takes me ages just to get a simple scarf done.

I think I first started I was probably between 5-7 years old, I cant remember. My mom was always knitting us big sweaters for xmas and she showed me how to knit.

Oh and by the way, even though most of the scarves are easy to knit, it can take a whil just because you need something long enough

THANKS!!!! they look awsum!!! can't wait to wear it since is freaken freezing here already~

a few days :)

• 2 weeks later...

For sale:

some kind of scarf

made of two yarns;

1- brownish 70% alpaca, 30% acrylic

2- dirty purple: 50% alpaca, 50% wool

1845455302_b7f1be7f32.jpg

(the one for sale isn't the one that I'm wearing on the picture but it's pretty much the same)

1845278692_6d9d557d7a_o.jpg

1845273644_6185afe80c.jpg

1844442355_7b8a228c5d.jpg

100% wool armwarmers (black)

(I'm only showing the first one 'cause the second one isn't finished yet)

1844433751_9ce4e27087.jpg

1845255420_66393e1844_o.jpg

And just to show you Ahlvahroe

1845250670_355ca358dc_o.jpg

Dirty green:

2046352380_9bd9b5be2c_o.jpg

hey, great work suzie!

how much would it be for a pair of 100% wool armwarmers shipped to Markham (uptown Toronto), Ontario in the pattern and colour scheme shown in the picture you provided for Ahlvahroe (grey/black-white?)

I'll try to find the yarn like that in wool and get back to you :)

If you could knit those armwarmers and have fingerless gloves at the end... it would be cool as hell.

I'll try to work on it when I'll have more time :)

Thanks for the compliments guys! Sorry I haven't been here for a while. I can still take a few orders for the ones that want to receive their stuff before xmas.

P.S.: when you send a payment via paypal, please WRITE YOUR USERNAME in the description it would be easier for me :)

Thanks for the compliments guys! Sorry I haven't been here for a while. I can still take a few orders for the ones that want to receive their stuff before xmas.

P.S.: when you send a payment via paypal, please WRITE YOUR USERNAME in the description it would be easier for me :)

hey, did you by any chance find a wool that is the grey/white colour for the armwarmers? if not, how much for the acrylic in that colour? shipped to Markham, Ontario. thanks in advance! =)