Track-Suits......

andewhall

Hey SF' heads. Into track-suits in a big way lately. Who are your favorite designers making Track-Suits? Best cuts, best quality, Weird Tracky's, Retro labels, small niche labels etc?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Adidas is a classic yes......but at the moment I am more interested in if anyone know's of any new school, crazy track-suit labels, websites etc. Or if there are any excellent retro tracky labels that have been forgotten about, went belly up the eighies, that kinda thing.

When i want a track top they're always my first stop in looking for one. I own various other vintage track tops and i've had a couple fred perry tops over the years but none of them ever get as much wear as any of the addias tops i've owned over my life. Some styles they retro or make new are "eh" but that's true with everything. You can't play out a classic, it's like saying black is played.

As for newer stuff, Maharishi has some nice wool ones and Unis has made some really sleek simple cotton ones in seasons past. To be honest the only thing that keeps me from picking some newer Adidas tops is that they're still polyster for the most part. The older i get I just I don't know i cant stand the feel on my body and hate how it snags and pulls.

Quote: You can't play out a classic, it's like saying black is played.

i hear you. i like adidas track tops, but it's like how do you wear them? if you're rockin adidas w/them it's kind've over the top, but if you're wearing anything else you're totally perpetratin! there's also the clueless hipster / urban outfitters factor going w/these things. anyway...

adidas is the best

i have like four pairs of track tops and they are really amazing

i purchased them all at the SOHO adidas store

i live in atlanta and its not played out at all...

no one wears them around here

I was well happy when I stumbled across an original Adidas "First" track suit top (light blue with navy, grey and red stripes) in some back end store in Kyoto last year.

Been keeping an eye out for one for years. I still have my old one from the mid 80's at me mums but its kinda small.

That one is a classic for me as it was the most popular of the stuff that the Liverpool football fans used rob when away on European games. Thats pretty much where the English madness for casual sports wear came from, hence "the casuals", although the Glasgow and Manchester lads played a big part.

Any one on here form the north west of England in the 80's? Gutted to see the passing of the Wade Smith store. The old one on Bold Street kept me in shoes for years.

It's the smiling on the package

It's the faces in the sand

It's the thought that holds you upwards

Embracing me with two hands

Guest Berget__

Yeah Andew, kinda cool. But im not really into WE these days...thought it was cool a while ago but now almost every single person in Gothenburg wears WE.

I aint gotta get money man money get me