Sufu cell phone buying guide. What's really good?

homi29

^ That's a rebranded HTC Tytn, isn't it? Hasn't the Tytn II been released worldwide already? It's probably much more expensive, but I wouldn't invest in this old model if I were you. Besides, firmware updates are usually not without glitches - at least that's my experience with HTC.

its the titan but some of the guts are slightly different.

im not positive i want to switch over to another carrier... although the at&t tilt

is attractive as hell.

usa smartphone users, what carrier to do you have + where do you live + are

you satisfied with price/coverage/service/download speeds?

No. This phone will be very outdated straight out of the box. Go with the Samsung.

I was interested in this phone too, the one thing that was throwing me off was the size. From the pictures it looked kind of bulky. Do you have any smart phone recommendations for Sprint customers?

Can anyone recommend something reasonably slim (<13mm)? All I really need is for it to make calls ...

Had the Samsung U600. Nice and all but screen broke spontaneously after around a month and a half. Thinking Motorola V8 but have seen some negative reviews (easy breakage etc.). Anyone have one?

its the titan but some of the guts are slightly different.

im not positive i want to switch over to another carrier... although the at&t tilt

is attractive as hell.

usa smartphone users, what carrier to do you have + where do you live + are

you satisfied with price/coverage/service/download speeds?

i'm on t-mobile and in manhattan ny. t-mobile has good deals in terms of voice, data and texting plans. i'm currently paying 39.99 for a 600 min free n+w m2m, 19.99 unlimited internet w/ hotspots(starbucks, kinkos etc.) and 4.99 for 400 sms/mms messages. coverage is good, never had a dropped call, get service pretty much everywhere except in the subways and download speeds are alright being that its edge, def quicker when you switch to wifi though. and i hear customer support is very good.

i've played with my friend's tilt(no homo) and its a really great phone, hopefully it comes out for t-mobile also.

I was originally going to go with at&t because of the good service but thier plans just couldn't compare with t-mobile in terms of bang for your buck and were just way too expensive for me. i was thinking about trying sprint out too because of the sero plan but i just didn't like the idea of not being able to use gsm.

i read through this entire thread and have yet to find what i'm looking for. i'm so sick of this big screen shit you guys. i need one of y'all cell phone experts to hook me up... what kind of plan is best for someone in NYC? i've had shitty results on AT&T, verizon, and cingulair so far. all very sub-par. i want some subway tunnel-penetrating shit ya heard? now, i also need a new phone to maximize said plan. i don't care if it's some star-tac looking shit, as long as it has a digital interface, text-message capability, and other basic nice features like vibrate etc., but are there any unorthodox options? i know these sleek phones have great capabilities but i think they really sacrifice integrity. i need something i can drop and fuck around with, and something that can hold a charge for chrissakes and doesn't have some problem every 5 seconds. i guess what i'm saying is i'm willing to sacrifice form and some function for strong reception strength, reliability, and endurance.

+++rape for solving my woes!

• 2 weeks later...
i read through this entire thread and have yet to find what i'm looking for. i'm so sick of this big screen shit you guys. i need one of y'all cell phone experts to hook me up... what kind of plan is best for someone in NYC? i've had shitty results on AT&T, verizon, and cingulair so far. all very sub-par. i want some subway tunnel-penetrating shit ya heard? now, i also need a new phone to maximize said plan. i don't care if it's some star-tac looking shit, as long as it has a digital interface, text-message capability, and other basic nice features like vibrate etc., but are there any unorthodox options? i know these sleek phones have great capabilities but i think they really sacrifice integrity. i need something i can drop and fuck around with, and something that can hold a charge for chrissakes and doesn't have some problem every 5 seconds. i guess what i'm saying is i'm willing to sacrifice form and some function for strong reception strength, reliability, and endurance.

unless they decide to install cell stations underground theres no way youre gonna get it in the subway. in terms of quality, verizon and cingular have the latest technology in the US (even though korea is 2 generations in front of us) so you're not gonna get better than any of them. if you seriously dont care about how it looks or whatever features its got pick up one of those unlocked prepaid models for $20 using ebay - i used a c115 before. charge lasts a week (no exaggeration) and ive dropped it off a two story building before and it still works.

How is the Sidekick ID? I'm thinking about picking one up next month for $100 on a 1 year contract, 50 bucks a month for like 300 minutes + unlimited data not bad. Was planning on getting a Sprint Mogul on SERO but too much work to get it for $38 bucks, plus the sidekick has AIM which is a big time plus, generic AIM's suck.

the lx is crap. slide is pretty good. dont think you can fit it in your pocket.

This is the same shit that I'm on. I have Sprint and do get service on the subway sometimes.

I have a Sanyo phone, it's simple .. flip phone with text messaging, vibrate, even web capability (but usually runs slow). This is my second Sanyo phone, Sprint sent me a free upgrade since I guess it's consdiered "outdated". The first one I had is exactly like this, except without a camera, which I don't use anyway.

I'm not sure of the exact model number, but I can look it up if you're interested.

what do you guys think: iphone or blackjack 2?

iphone: having internet anywhere is handy, i wont need my ipod, compatible with my macbook, BREAKS NECKS

blackjack 2: cheaper, GPS, i currently have a smartphone so i'm used to the windows mobile OS, dont need to worry as much about it being scratched, better call quality (according to cnet)

actually, MINE breaks necks cause it isn't released in canada yet :D

8axxmgz.png

what do you guys think: iphone or blackjack 2?

iphone: having internet anywhere is handy, i wont need my ipod, compatible with my macbook, BREAKS NECKS

(according to cnet)

Guest doubletap

why is it stupid of you.... just be you man, if you like it just copp it.

but, touch screen phones suck if you have an active lifestyle i.e. drop ur shit a lot.

especially lgs.

I know it's probably stupid of me, but I'm actually really digging the Prada phone, and if anyone knows if they're any good quality-wise? My experiences with LG so far have been fucking terrible, but I do want a really nice, simple and clean phone, and the prada phone definitley has the look.

Would I just be better off with an HTC?

this one's reminiscent to the prada phone... From the same maker. Only difference is... It's not PRADAH. And it's horridly called "Viewty". Looks sexy anyway.

lg-viewty.jpg

anyone with some feedback on this?

about to cop, would like to hear feedback/recommendations/etc.

cheers

It's wicked.

A friend just got one.

Slimmer then my 6300. One of the slimmest phones out there.

Very nice build quality. Very solid metal shell.

Nice bright screen.

anyone with some feedback on this?

about to cop, would like to hear feedback/recommendations/etc.

cheers

It's wicked.

A friend just got one.

Slimmer then my 6300. One of the slimmest phones out there.

Very nice build quality. Very solid metal shell.

Nice bright screen.

YO about the blackjack II im not sure about stores but they're selling it on the website right now....myy 8125 is old as hell soon as my plan's through with i gotta get something new. Preferabbly AT+T.....anyone here have the Tilt? It's supposed to be the next-gen version of the 8525 but i've heard some shat reviews about it