has nike fallen? does adidas suck?

Guest dontcaretoomuchforcrap

Guest dontcaretoomuchforcrap

why is it that the only shoes i want these days are old shoes. none of the new air maxes are nice, so many lame projects, and people camping out all the time.

adidas sucks, aside from originals, their stuff is absolutely horrid, and a lot of their originals are too gay.

puma's making way too many mihara shoes. too many of those motorsport things.

new balance is boring, despite what people say. some of the nicer fabrics are only used overseas. its too hard to find a nice looking pair in the us.

eat pussy not meat

i was thinking just that a few days ago... all the popular kicks out now are re-issues and new colourways of old kicks..... nikes airmax range ... compare it to shox..... adidas climacool range compare it to superstars and decades....and personally ive never been a fan of puma...but every one is doing it ... what is evisu ........ an repro of the old style levis (well it was) same with most of the japanese denims.... what are levis doing.... a vintage range with all their old stuff in........

Yo, we just gettin old, always thinking about those joints 10 years back. Every shoe has its day. There is some hot joints out right now....nike team edition, the one piece joints(the laser engrave is my favorite so far), etc. Don't worry. there is just another joint around the corner. Nike is like your girl, every once in while you gotta flirt with the others, but you go back to your girl everytime.

Don't let Mama slap you.

www.mamaclothing.com

• 2 years later...

im gonna agree with most of these sentiments. i have been buying more old school shoes recently and havent been looking out for new things. shit, couple days ago i ordered some converse one stars. maybe it is mental, as a kid my parents wouldn't get me jordans and the like, and now i can afford em and want to partake. whatever it is, older designs are catching my attention now.

Nike and Adidas are still athletic apparel companies first and foremost. They make stuff for athletes, whether casual or serious.

Its just that we have collectively decided that kicks are cool, enough to spend a lot of dosh on old stuff and collect heaps of them even. Invariably, these shoes also tend to be the ones we know from young. By we, I mean those of us born in the 70s and 80s.

like superhero suggests, i think sneaker culture started to boom round the 90s. the consumers have grown up, fed by the marketing, the hype and the shoes themselves, lusted after them and elevated them beyond just simple sports shoes. ahlvaroe proffers a good example.

the new stuff we see just doesn't appeal to us as much probably because its not directed at a fashion conscious market and is still being designed from an athletic standpoint. which also explains why they pour tons of technology into their newer shoes, like better support structures, materials, airbags, ipod linkups... they still try to style the shoes nicely but everything is done futuristically not fashionably.

notably, the designers in power are likely to be in the 35-45 group. they're likely to be the ones giving an overall direction to things so maybe that's another reason why we don't like the new stuff. the old dudes, the ones that were in control in the 80s, 90s. they're retiring or retired, so the styling and ideas etc has completely changed.

someone said it, but i thnk it's because we are all older. "we" being the collective generation that hyped up nikes when the first series of SB's hit.

our tastes have changed, and the market (nike and adidas) stuck to their plan and focused on the larger spending youth, instead of catering to this older market.

"sneaker culture" is really manufactored these days, even compared to just three years ago or so.

i think a lot of people here will agree with me on this since many people on superfuture were once streetwear/sneaker fans, myself included.

i'm trying to sell all my nikes before the crash comes.

Very accurate.

I must have had more than 60 pairs of Nikes over the last 5 years. I now own 2; a pair of Frees and some ACG boots.

You gotta grow up some time.

BTW, whatever happened to DCTMFC? Did he leave or does he post under a new name?

i give the sneaker market 5 more years. in 5 years this shit is gonna resurface and blow up in japan all over again. then the rest of the world is gonna start showing nike and adidas love again.

everything in this world is cyclical

your poo

in and out

everything old is new again

fashion is dead

round and round

what goes around comes around

just do it!

oh crap I hope the raving scene never comes back again. geez glow sticks, backpacks and pacifiers....the horror!

I'm down to 2 pairs of nikes. Air Safari black/tan and AJIII Fire Red.

I just sold AJIII White cements for $350

AM 90 infareds for $350

Am 95 varsity red for $200

All of these shoes I really liked, but I would be a moron for not selling 3 pairs of crappy sneakers for almost $1000 shipped...

kids still spending stupid amounts of money on sneaks...

oh you mad cuz i'm stylin on you

martin margiela AIDS shirt cuz i'm buyin on you

rockin that shit cuz i'm fly

flyer than the c. carol poell with the leather thumbs on the sides

consumerism in das kapital

but you just mad cuz you rockin sta's i ain't worn bape in while

some suckas like to call me a goth ninja

my gat boot harder pop pop like the minja

gonna singe you sinnas

OH FREESTYLE

AM 90 infareds for $350

wow.. didnt know that.. i have three pairs of these... two of them are sitting in the closet barely used.. I also saw that air max 1 shima shima was worth something.. i almost gave them to my sister in-law to do aerobics in... thankfully she picked another pair :)

these new kids are spending waaaaay more loot than we did on shoes.

i remember $125-150 was really steep back in the co.jp days even the early nike sb stuff was only about $100 a pair.

these kids are buying CRAP colors/patterns with no history at all for $300-400 on average. like a $200 shoe is wack to them.

when i see a kid in linen af1's or chocolate dunk hi's i have a little more respect for them.

None of the other companies really hit it on the head i think.. adidas skateboarding could have been way better considering they have the gonz.. but young kids dont understand him and the shoes themselves need to be re-worked.

dont even get me started on the vans shit.. every little asian kid thats 'over it' just hopped on to the vans sack like crazy.

PLEASE MOVE ON ALREADY.