Pre WWII Levi's

darknworn

luckily, evisu just happens to make an exact repro of that jacket. next best thing i suppose.

it'd be cool if lee starts reproducing their old stuff like levi's. i wouldn't mind some selvage pieces without having to sell a lung to support this denim habit.

"God is Dead" - Neitzsche icon_smile_angry.gif

"Neitzsche is Dead" - God icon_smile_cool.gif

it's raw selvage denim without lining. definitely my favorite jacket now until i can get a real one. i'm debating if i should go the dry clean route and keep it raw or wash it. i've had it for almost a year now without a wash, but it's so hard to get any discernable wear marks on the jacket.

"God is Dead" - Neitzsche icon_smile_angry.gif

"Neitzsche is Dead" - God icon_smile_cool.gif

Quote:

Thos jeans are in great condition! no corrosion on the rivets! I have a book that says the Lee buckleback Cowboy jacket is the rarest and the holy grail of all denim jackets.

--- Original message by Serge d Nimes on Jul 21, 2005 11:38 AM

lee cowboy jacket is pretty sick. i've handled a few in the past couple of years, they are really amazing and hard to find. i actually just purchased one for work (cant keep it unfortunatly) from a collector in colorado for $2500.00 , although the buckle was cut off.

sweet-orr

Quote:

luckily, evisu just happens to make an exact repro of that jacket. next best thing i suppose.

it'd be cool if lee starts reproducing their old stuff like levi's. i wouldn't mind some selvage pieces without having to sell a lung to support this denim habit.

--- Original message by darknworn on Jul 21, 2005 11:43 AM

you can get a repro of this jacket at the edwin store in tokyo. edwin owns the japan liscense for lee and wrangler and repro alot of pieces.

sweet-orr

Quote:

I have the repro of the 1879 "first blouse" sweet orr. I have only seen two around, do you know how many were made?

--- Original message by Serge d Nimes on Jul 21, 2005 11:28 PM

hey whats up....

im not sure where they were made... i dont have one...ill ask around today..

sweet-orr

Hi, newbie here.

Can someone point me in the direction of how to "date" a pair of vintage Levi's and Lee jeans? You know, someplace that discusses the placement of rivets, tags, seams, etc? I'm just getting into the vintage scene!

Thanks so much!

Betsy