yes or no? / this or that?

chris

I'm wondering what's wrong with these things.

rt1_regular.jpg

I need to replace my A.P.C. white canvas lace-ups (basically grey at this point, they're dirty as sin).

Every other shoe from this company is worse than Puma but these look perfectly passable for around $100 - why? They're not great but I probably only get about $100 of wear out of white shoes anyway. Are they made from the worst canvas in the entire world? Is Oak hiding some defect?

apparently in person they're more of a light cream color (dark white?). i had my brother go and check them out (williamsburg store) because apparently they run big and there was a 13 in the store, but as it turns out, the detailing, which isn't visible in that picture isn't very flattering, but also, they're darker than pictured on the site

if they were definitely that color and were fresher, i would kopp if the 13 turned out to fit.

Guest jmatsu
^^^ woww servo got lucky

and jmat im not sure i like those ocs, the espadrille sole isnt doing it for me, maybe in regular leather and in a more springy color

i just like it because patent on a espa sole is ridiculous. i knew alota people wouldn't feel it. i mean, i'd probably just wear it in honolulu or during the summer in japlandz.

jmatsu- Just get em'. They're not supposed to look like classics or normal. While they may kinda ugly in a way, they're still unique and cool looking (if that makes sense). They're definitely visually interesting and different which is why i know you're thinking about them. The kind of thing that can really add a twist and give an otherwise normal outfit some character which is definitely a plus. The kinda shit i should be trying to do.

ceb71vi0.jpg

also... I'm wondering if I replace the soles on these would they be epic? Or still too much wildly cosplay:

01ba7.jpg

02sy1.jpg

Color opinion!

Flathead Plaid Western button ups

Example:

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=68&products_id=285

This brown color or red?

also, this smae pattern in a short sleeve...red, green or brown? Thanks a mil guys.

Jeep, i like the second ones best. Can't help your humungo ass with sizing though.

Jeep, i like the second ones best. Can't help your humungo ass with sizing though.

i mean, i have shoe-stretchers, but i dunno how much i can do with them if they're already cut slim

leather experts, especially alden experts, feel free to weigh in.

If you have a styleforum account go ask in the "ask a question thread". Or even venture into Men's Clothing but be carefull or you'll get shot. The guys there know their aldens pretty well though.

Guest jmatsu
i mean, i have shoe-stretchers, but i dunno how much i can do with them if they're already cut slim

leather experts, especially alden experts, feel free to weigh in.

you could take the shoes to a shoe repair shop. they can stretch them for you. just gotta be careful they don't stretch them THAT much cause you wanna retain the original shape/aesthetic.