PRPS Denim?

• 3 months later...

hi,

i came across PRPS jeans at Union on Spring St. and i was blown away. they were beautiful and the attention to detail was amazing. where else in NYC can i find them? do they have a website (i couldn't find any contact info on the web)? do they come in straight leg...i'm not too keen on baggy jeans? very, very expensive though.

thanks,

Fisuat

yeah i checked out some prps shit last weekend, at Union and Atrium. When u find out its by AkD, it kind of makes sense, but u wouldnt def be able to say "yo thats Akd son". They have some sweats and tees too, one shirt is a rip off of school house rock-- it says "school house glock".

the jeans are mad processed, pretty thick too, like workwear 2 the max. They look pretty dope, but the hems at the bottom are like an inch thick, which is kind of whack, i think, and only makes them look more like a pair of beat up carhartts. maybe thats the idea tho.

its funny i was looking at some cat wearing abercrombie jeans today, and not to talk more shit on abercrombie, but its fucking funny, bc they make u look like u are wearing a diaper or like u are wearing overalls. so get prps instead,b.

<center>"check out the face on my watch, put your face on my crotch" </center>

I purchased a pair of PRPS at Bloomingdales SoHo about 3wks ago (9/08) and paid $198+ tax. I went back on 9/29 to check for other style/washes and the same jeans I purchased was now selling for $330! Either I got over, or they had a huge price increase. If you go, have them check the price. The price tag was the type they put on when they lose the original tag.

I like the jeans; heavy stiff denim with heavy duty rivets, a basic cut (reminds me of my Levis Hesher and 501 Premium jeans) and cool bottons on the fly. It's not like the other styles I have seen from PRPS; more basic. They fit like a mans jeans not like Paper and 7's with the slim at the knees and super wide at the bottom. That to me looks hot on women not on me. I've seen it on other cats and it seems to work for them, not for me.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

I went to all PRPS shops that is available in London.

Selfridges, oxford street

Concrete, Canarby Street

Harvey Nichols, Knightbridge

Liberty, regent Street

Duffer and St.George, Covent garden

Does anyone know anywhere else that I can find out DARK DENIM DIRTY JEAN, BOOT CUT and W28-30 L30? I do really want to buy it very much. If anyone can get it, please tell me I will buy it in reasonable price or if anyone wants picture I will send to you. There is only one pair in Concrete, Carnarby street but the waist is 36. It is too big for me and the rest of the shops are available only normal style and straight leg.

Can anyone help me I will pay in good price?

Fan of Prps

• 3 months later...
Quote:

Kind of answered part of my question with a few Google searches. It seems they're made by Akademiks, which I found kind of surprising.

http://www.amerexgroup.com/pressreleases-1-20-04.asp

Wonder if it's US denim though?

--- Original message by Yakboy Equals Nurturer on May 18, 2004 05:42 PM

akademics owns prps but it is designed by a japanese guy who lives in nyc. him and his wife used to work for 45rpm. all the product is made 100% in japan from japanese fabrics.

sweet-orr

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

we (silo) carry the entire range, but they generally sell out fairly quick in the good sizes, and we arent allowed to sell them over the internet. 185-440.00 depending on the wash/style.

that said, if anyone from here ever needs a pair we can always do a phone order, but id def. try to find a local place to at least try a pair or two on...

this may help those of you who are asking about sizing-

Fit Guide

All fits are based off of a 32" waist

Inseams are graded

28"-31" waist have a 31" inseam

32"-42" waist have a 33" inseam

Relaxed Fit

Front Rise 10.25"

Back Rise 14.25"

Thigh 25.5"

Knee 10"

Bottom Opening 9.5"

Slim Straight

Front Rise 8.25"

Back Rise 13.5"

Thigh 25.5"

Knee 18

Bottom Opening 17

Super Slim

Front Rise 8

Back Rise 12.75"

Thigh 23

Knee 17

Bottom Opening 16

-the super slim is brand new for fall, so i have yet to see a sample...the slim straight was still too big for me ( i wear a 27 apc ns, and the 28 slim straight are still huuuge all over)