Apple's new iMac

jabar

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

looks like i'm not the only person watching it live from endgadget hehe

i personally dont like neither the new imac nor the new keyboard. if they both came in black it might have been better but for now i say 'no' to the new imac

and the hw sucks. thay should have put sli inside if they want to make me play css on that one.

Yeah from an engineering stand point this thing is amazing...a computer that thin and having the ability to hold up to 1TB of storage space. I wonder why Apple doesn't switch to Blue-Ray yet though. This would have been the perfect time.

Yeah from an engineering stand point this thing is amazing...a computer that thin and having the ability to hold up to 1TB of storage space. I wonder why Apple doesn't switch to Blue-Ray yet though. This would have been the perfect time.

I'm sure the lense cost for blu-ray at this time isn't affordable enough on a large scale consumer electronic base. Probably going to see Blu-Ray before the end of the year on a mac in some for, either add-on optical or not.

i personally like the new keyboard. i dunno how many of you use the old apple keyboard but they sucked, the construction on the key wasnt stiff and didnt have nice responsiveness to it. These macbook keys should be awsome. Apple always had a way of stepping out of the box, and 1,800 for a 2.8 ghz 24 inch display computer? Thats almost a bargain.

I'm almost more concerned if anything can go under the keys then i am anything else...

better then the current gen thats for sure tho.

the macbook keyboards are the same, and it takes a day or two to get used to -- but after that you realize it's fucking awesome to type on.

defintely.

i love my macbook keyboard.

plus the fact that my laptop is hair/dust/dirt free is a plus. my ibook's keyboard got disgusting.

op - no 17" models

i like the redesign. the black makes the screen pop. i'm not a glossy fan (my macbook pro is matte) but it should be fine in home settings. my mom needs a new computer so i'm trying to pressure her into switching and getting this imac.

already is.
they're available now...

Hmm.....I'm an idiot.

I wanted to go down to my local store and pick one up today (planning on buying a new Mac this month anyway) but it seems the stores don't have the wireless mouse/keyboard in for it yet. You can only order it with these online, and it changes the ETA to 3-5 WEEKS from 3-5 Days if you include them...............

What to do, what to do.

Does it come without the glossy finish over the screen?

According to Engadget, "New iMac will come in two sizes: 20-inch display, and 24-inch display. Both will be glossy. Customers say they love glossy displays."

This really puzzles me. Why would you want an annoyingly reflective screen?

I mean I know it's supposed to be all sleek and modern and shiny but surely functionality should come first?

edit: Just to be clear, I still really want one.