Apple's new iMac

jabar

not really. I am a big mac fan but this really isnt that big of a "deal". If you want a deal, check out this dell bellow.

In all fairness the iMac comes with an iSight, FW800, as well as a Radeon 2400 XT (as opposed to the Dell's shitty integrated Intel video), and speakers.

I agree that Apple's are by no means a great deal... but you're comparing the iMac to a bargain Dell desktop with a monstrous coupon.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is available in Aust now and i bought my girlfriend a 20inch imac just last week before the new version came out. that blows.

are they updating the macbook soon?

oh well, everyone knows that the first generation of any new product or updated product apple release has something wrong with it.

try this site:

http://buyersguide.macrumors.com/

always worth checking before buying anything apple

Anyone know if it is fact they're releasing OS X Leopard in October? I will wait to purchase my Macbook if so, but if there is a chance it will be delayed one more time I will purchase now.

i doubt they'd delay it again after mocking all the vista delays (unless something major comes up during the final stages of development.) likely it will be the very end of october.

can i derail here?

just got a macbook pro, whats the cheapest i can spend on a 22"+ widescreen LCD monitor for watching movies on?

They say that Dell makes the best LCD's for the quality and money; I also would say look in to what Samsung has to offer.

• 1 month later...

So I gave in and bought one of these a couple weeks ago without waiting for OS Leopard to come out.

Any idea on whether Apple will issue a credit to purchasers who bought Apple computers within 1 month or so of Leopard's release? Any new word on its release date?

Leopard will be out by the end of the month. Some say the 22nd some say the 26th. I believe anyone who purchased the new Mac within 2 months will be eligible for 10.5 update.

That would be awesome. I knew I should have just PMed you directly, ha hah. Thanks man!

• 5 weeks later...

I've been using my 20" G5 iMac in place of my stolen POS MacBook, lately... man, I really have taken a liking to this fucker, it just does everything I want it to, and still looks great several years later... If I stayed in one place for more than a few months at a time I'd get a new iMac without thinking twice.

I do need to get something new with Leopard pre-loaded on it though; do I travel with a MacBook or do I string along a Mac Mini with keyboard and mouse, hmm....