Evisu HK inferior product or Evisu + Puma = Strange bedfellows

jeffmerch

This might have been posted before but I couldn't find it.

I have heard that, even though Evisu has opened up a flagship store in Hong Kong, the product that comes out of that country (this is "made in China" or "made in Hong Kong") is inferior to the stuff that comes out of Japan. Thinner denim, no selvedge seams, etc. That they franchised their name so that HK and the UK can sell "fakes".

If this is the case, Evisu has sold out.

I also heard a rumor that Puma bought Evisu, hence all that "Puma loves Evisu" stuff. There was even a promo party here in Chicago but I couldn't get a straight answer out of anybody.

Again, if this is the case, Evisu has sold out.

I was told that Ben Sherman owns entirely or partly the name evisu and the European edition stuff is what is released shortly after obtaining the brand. Since the puma collab pretty much stinks in terms of quality I'm sure Ben Sher has a hand in it's making.

Evisu isn't something I've looked into these past couple. But I know the peeps at the Chicago puma store and they had little to no info provided to them about the jeans.

I was told that Ben Sherman owns entirely or partly the name evisu and the European edition stuff is what is released shortly after obtaining the brand. Since the puma collab pretty much stinks in terms of quality I'm sure Ben Sher has a hand in it's making.

Evisu isn't something I've looked into these past couple. But I know the peeps at the Chicago puma store and they had little to no info provided to them about the jeans.

this is true.

The first true loves, I have a pair, not amazing quality but the fit is good.