Ma·ri·jua·na

axtsang

I've never smoked in my life, but I find it hilarious that a drug that is pretty much on par with caffeine in the danger department and many, many times less addictive and destructive than alcohol and nicotine, is not legal. The government making billions argument is not a very good argument, since there's a very strong possibility that the legalization of marijuna would decrease alcohol sales dramatically. Cigarettes too.

I wonder why it's not legal...oh wait, I just gave that answer away.

im sure the the cigarette and alcohol lobbies are anti-legalization, but i have read that the big tobacco conglomerates (phillip morris, etc) have plans laid out to switch to marijuana production if it did happen. this may be bullshit though.

im sure the the cigarette and alcohol lobbies are anti-legalization, but i have read that the big tobacco conglomerates (phillip morris, etc) have plans laid out to switch to marijuana production if it did happen. this may be bullshit though.

tobacco companies are trademarking cannabis strain names...

what? for real?

no.

but consider how quickly they would take over the industry if it were legalized. you are fucked either way. if it's legalized it will become bad for you somehow, and if it's not...well...you run the risk of going to jail i guess.

the medicinal value of the cannabis plant is so ridiculously underestimated and misunderstood...if we could isolate particular chemical constituents of the plant it could put the patent-happy pharmaceutical companies out of business and ease life for many people.

no.

but consider how quickly they would take over the industry if it were legalized. you are fucked either way. if it's legalized it will become bad for you somehow, and if it's not...well...you run the risk of going to jail i guess.

You could just grow your own...

And some tabacco companies have names trademarked (or copyrighted?) for the impending decriminalization. I don't know if they have strains tho..

Those are some nice headies soundbomber...

I don't smoke as much as I used to but still do about once a week... Prob will start smoking daily again once I get my job straight. Been slinging some beast lately to have some "free" bud handy whenever. Usually smoke out of GBs the most, then bongs, and sometimes blunts if shits copious. and fuck va prices, shit is lame.

and who cares if tobacco companies copyright names?

you think stoned ass kids cant come up with better ones?

that's not the point at all. he was implying that they were doing that for sale purposes.

You could just grow your own...

And some tabacco companies have names trademarked (or copyrighted?) for the impending decriminalization. I don't know if they have strains tho..

copyright only applies to artwork.

i was under the impression that stuff about the tobacco companies was untrue.

interestingly there are actually two cannabis derived medications on the market right now, sativex and marinol. marinol is a synthetic thc, which is retarded because thc is not even the beginning of the medical benefit in cannabis and is the psychoactive shit. why isolate just the most prominently psychoactive part?

sativex is better because it's a sublingual that supposedly works immediately and is actually made from cannabis plants.

very interesting that sativex by the way...

from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sativex

"Sativex is distinct from all other pharmaceutically produced cannabinoids currently available because it is derived from botanical material, rather than a solely synthetic process. Sativex is a pharmaceutical product standardised in composition, formulation, and dose. Its principal active cannabinoid components are the cannabinoids: tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) and cannabidiol (CBD). The product is formulated as an oromucosal spray which is administered by spraying into the mouth. Each spray of Sativex delivers a fixed dose of 2.7mg THC and 2.5mg CBD.

Approved by Health Canada under a license with conditions (NOC/c) for prescription use in April 2005, Sativex is the world's first pharmaceutical prescription medicine derived from the cannabis plant."

that's not the point at all. he was implying that they were doing that for sale purposes.

you mean having trainwreck, og, etc. flavored/named tobacco products?

because i was under the assumption that the idea was registering names for strains of bud as a method of squatting on names until it's decriminalized and commercially distributed. For instance Marlboro would have the rights to all weed being sold under the name of "snow cap" or what have you...

?

let us discuss more about setups

i have some seeds saved up and they need some attention.

only thing i know is 24 hour light for vegetative state, and 12 hour light 12 hour dark for flowering stage. I don't know much about the ph levels and other shit such as what to put in the soil etc.

there is no impending decriminalization

not now, not in the near future, and most likely not in the distant future either

and anyone who buys their buds based on a name is a fucking fool to begin with, its all about smell and trich coverage

agreed, the best way is to grow your own...i would discuss more about setups here but its not the right place

or is it?

you mean having trainwreck, og, etc. flavored/named tobacco products?

because i was under the assumption that the idea was registering names for strains of bud as a method of squatting on names until it's decriminalized and commercially distributed. For instance Marlboro would have the rights to all weed being sold under the name of "snow cap" or what have you...

?

it's more like Marlboro getting "Malboro Greens" registered and shit like that. I think.

for those of you who take cannabis, how do you take it? food, smoked in a joint, spliff, bowl, vaporizer?

all of the above... my friend has a volcano, phx, and a crockpot for cooking up butter. I don't have the heart to tell him that he overpaid on the volcano... definitely not worth all that money

i dont think so, because marlboro greens already exist.

and felix, that looks pretty shwaggy

I wouldn't call it shwag, but it's definitely beasters

Those are some nice headies soundbomber...

I don't smoke as much as I used to but still do about once a week... Prob will start smoking daily again once I get my job straight. Been slinging some beast lately to have some "free" bud handy whenever. Usually smoke out of GBs the most, then bongs, and sometimes blunts if shits copious. and fuck va prices, shit is lame.

seems like richmond has high prices, especially considering the quality. Northern VA isnt too bad, and i've heard VA beach is legit too but i think they're more about the yayo.