Most mediocre Fits

digital_denim

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate to seem like I'm 'calling out' anyone because the following poster seems like a genuinely nice guy, but I have to say, I have never seen a JPGM fit that I have liked. Not bad at all, just really bland.

Then again, my fits are never crazy/unique either.

I hate to seem like I'm 'calling out' anyone because the following poster seems like a genuinely nice guy, but I have to say, I have never seen a JPGM fit that I have liked. Not bad at all, just really bland.

Then again, my fits are never crazy/unique either.

quoted for truth. he's apparently a rockstar, so where is the edge?

yeah if i went to a show and some dude came up on stage looking like that i'd probably think they'd be lame before they started. no offense, cause i'm sure he's good or whatever and all his clothes are quality, but he just looks like some dude...regular guy

Uh, almost anything can go in this thread...

Most people on this board are regular guys, no? Is that a problem? Some of the most rep'd WAYWT posters don't have much "edge"...

You're over-analyzing. Even a plain v-neck with some plain-ass jeans can look fantastic if the cut/colors suit the person well; would this be 'regular'? Yes. Mediocre? No. An outfit is mediocre when it is fairly unflattering and generally uninteresting. Like a photo of you in your gym clothes...........it might be a decent outfit for the gym, but is it really worth putting in WAYWT?

So there should be a new thread that is WAYWTETW??? This is part of the reason why I never got into the thread most of my clothes are nice but rather boring because I'm not a very "eyes on me " fashion statement. Just a regular guy with ok clothes so theres no point in posting it everyday.

(what are you wearing thats exceptional this week???)

one of the confusions is whether or not posts to waywt are considered exceptional by the posters. some post whatever the fuck they're wearing without really caring if it looks good. others look like they put the clothes on just for the photo.

AHHHH....westie you point out another valuable point. I was always thinking that in the back of my mind if people were actually considering what they were wearing based on what their post would look like, and to appease to the thread.

yep. it's pretty obvious who is into what, though.

personally if i had a digi cam i wouldn't mind posting what i wore basically everyday, as long as i wasn't in a rush in the morning.

Same here. I cant really find the time. Before anybody hollers at me, working two jobs everyday and trying to go to the gym and have a social life is quite a feat within itself.

Plus being an artist I just can't hold it against myself to throw some rather shitty picture up there I would be too concerned with lighting and cropping, forget about the actual outfit. I have OCD with all of my artwork including my minimal photo work.

Guest jmatsu
Schindlers List 2: lets get this party started

i don't have a problem with the sizing, but sizing def doesn't equal fit. not to emulate chris, but this is mediocrity incarnate. this fag will probably read this, and either cry about it or post one of mine, but that's okay. why? because unlike my self it's obvious that assterix totally went all out for his great come back fit which basically equated to little more than luke warm piss. maybe an A for worthless effort, but a D for overall execution. weak.

^^

i know you hate the guy, but i don't think that pic is anything to get worked up about

it's above average, i think

anyway, agree with shore and not england; even a great fitting tee and jeans is pretty mediocre

we go on about the primacy of fit, and for good reason, but that doesn't elevate basics to some higher plane

i agree small details can make huge differences in certain contexts, but still...

to be perfectly honest, i'd say at least three quarters of waywt pics are mediocre

people suprise you on occasion, but mostly it's kinda meh

true wardrobe creativity takes more time, budgetary resources, and imagination than most people have - and i include myself and a large number of sufuers in that

i look at everything from misshapes to the sartorialist for inspiration, but i don't have the guts, cash, and/or lifestyle to pull most of it off

Guest jmatsu

i understand what you're getting at, but my point is more about the wasted effort. it's like a monkey pretending to be a man. he could learn some tricks, imitate a man, but ultimately is still just a monkey.

also, to clarify:

uniqlo/apc/vans still beats the shit out of old navy/aeropostale/clunky shelltoes or, god forbid, reaction/seven/reaction

and bonus points if your uniqlo/apc/vans fit you well

it's just that it's not all that exciting

but that's okay; it's more or less what I wear, so whatever