Paper Denim

drifter

I guess Tom Cruise wore Paper Denim for the film War of the Worlds. I found this out watching tv. Which is funny because during the movie i did kind of like his jeans. But yea heres the website. Im sure their prices are a lot and will probably rise since they were on tv. But let me know what you think.

www.paperdenim.com

Edited by drifter on Jul 10, 2005 at 01:30 PM

I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or not, but you're probably gonna recieve hate for this post if you're serious. Paper Denims were already popularized by many celebs a few years ago, and are bashed by some on this site for being 'played out', too light weight denim, too processed, and many other criticisms associated with designer denim. I for one, have a few pairs. I really like the cuts, and most of the washes. They are the best fitting denim I've tried (if you like bootcut styles). They retail about $150-$200. It shouldn't be hard to find a pair in stores.

I'm so self-conscious...

Well truthfully i never follow what celebs wear not only because i usually dont like their styles but also because their stuff cost a fortune. So yes I am serious and if i am a little late jumping on the band wagon so be it. I only like probably the one they have thats called 2-years i dunno i saw it on their website. Also thanks for the information if they are as good as you say i dont see why they should be bashed.

heh well could you be a little more precise on how they suck? I mean im not saying your wrong i know you have good taste in companies but any reason in specific why they suck?

I probably wont even be buying a pair...theres some Evisu's i might wanna buy and they arent cheap so wont have much cash.

i have a pair of the 3 year wash from a couple of years ago. the denim is quite light and the style loose, so they work well for the summertime. i don't imagine these jeans of mine will last for another 2-3 seasons, which is fine considering they're a fashion item...unlike the vintage levi's, evisu's or other good japanese selvage jeans.

think of them as diesel, but less popular and a bit more honest.

you know what they say, variety is the spice of life.

"God is Dead" - Neitzsche icon_smile_angry.gif

"Neitzsche is Dead" - God icon_smile_cool.gif

I have a pair of paper denim jeans, and they are probably the most comfortable and best fitting jeans I own. I'm not too into the wash, although at the time of purchase I was pretty excited about it. I have seen some very nice washes though.

They dont do any selvage pieces but they do use a very nice ringring denim. (compared with what I've worn.. I'm sure there's better)

I guess Paper Denim is pretty trendy in the celeb circles, but really what does it matter.. if you spend all your time avoiding being trendy or being a trendwhore, what's the difference. Wear what you like, not what someone else said you should/shouldn't.

a good median between paper denim and high quality shit

earnest sewn, its the same guy who made paper denim, only each jean is hand made and the makers actually sign each jean and its not like a machine signing or it or anyting its for real and there extremely comfortable and fit nicely

newc1copy0um.jpg

just because it's been ripped and distressed and all this crap doesnt mean it's good. i mean i dont like bootcuts much anyway. The prcie range is the norm but imo it's too much for non selvedge. under $100 for regular distressed jeans and paper isnt doing naything much different than brands like mavi (which i own a pair of bootcuts). on a side note i saw some japanese levi's vintage and they an incredibly nice pair of dark indigo selvedge, straight leg slim jeans. The price was 19,950 yen or $173, i wish they were accesible in the US i would get them for that much.

you know you have to pay your dues if you wanna sing the blues

Quote:

heh well could you be a little more precise on how they suck? I mean im not saying your wrong i know you have good taste in companies but any reason in specific why they suck?

I probably wont even be buying a pair...theres some Evisu's i might wanna buy and they arent cheap so wont have much cash.

--- Original message by drifter on Jul 10, 2005 03:18 PM

mediocre fabric, poor design, j stich is too short, crappy construction, machine set rear pockets and waistbands, generic washes, one thread color, ugly trim...... get some apc jeans if your strapped for cash..try 45rm if you'll spend..

sweet-orr

Quote:

a good median between paper denim and high quality shit

earnest sewn, its the same guy who made paper denim, only each jean is hand made and the makers actually sign each jean and its not like a machine signing or it or anyting its for real and there extremely comfortable and fit nicely

--- Original message by Corbin Law on Jul 10, 2005 05:26 PM

those signitures are done with a rubber stam after the jeans are washed at the factory ,look at 3 pairs of jeans, they are all the same- the jeans are made in the exact same factories, from some of the exact same fabrics, by the same hands as paper denim. dont fall for marketing...

sweet-orr

• 2 weeks later...

ok here's a question for all you Paper denim haters

Are these jeans true to size or not?

if I need a 36" what size Paper should I get ( 2 year model )

I'm assuming they're true because they're pre washed!?

Edited by jdat on Jul 24, 2005 at 02:00 PM

Guest DenimBar1

I think all in all Paper is a good entry point jeans for someone who wants to start buying designer jeans.

Not everyone is like sweet orr ( no disrespect your truley know yor shit ) however the majority of people aren't denim heads but the masses pay the bills. Not until someone buys a PD&C or a seven will they be able to start to understand a 45rpm or red ear.

Is that a fair statement?

denimbar, you're on point. my first pair of "premium" jeans was diesel kratt, the followed by other diesels, levi's premium, paper denim, helmut lang, etc.,. now that i've discovered selvage i don't look at those earlier jeans the same way. but we all have to start somewhere.

"God is Dead" - Nietzsche icon_smile_angry.gif

"Neitzsche is Dead" - God icon_smile_cool.gif

yea, my first pair of premium denim was a pair of LTD paper denim, before the J-stich came out on the back pocket.

I think the older version are nicer, and it's a great collectors, as some washes no longer exist.

as you start somewhere, you come to realize how other jean companies treat their denim, the quality, attention to detail, and the fit.

but once you go towards premium jeans, you tend to spend more and more, something that is probably a big no no to my savings, but when you see a great pair, the price just doesn't seem to matter too much anymore because you like them and they'll stay with you for years and years.

Much respect goes out to Paper Denim and Cloth, they were at one time the ode du premium in new jean companies. Scott Morrison in my opinion is one of the most well informed jean designers out there. Dood is doing his thing now with Earnest Sewn. Sure it might be a lil overground for some, but understanding different price points is just as important as understanding different markets.

His new dry single red line selvedge Fulton is super nice. All the nudie and APC heads should look into trying a pair on. They fit exactly like a APC new standard...

Because the denim is different. Affilation with the company. I've met Scott, super down to earth guy, and really has an invested interest in denim...

I mean yeah great its another dry selvedge, but yeah it is another dry selvedge. If your big on jeans then grab one, oh but wait there isnt a 40 page post on superfuture about them so, maybe dont!