Nom de Guerre s/s 08

bargecharge

I always enjoy looking through thier lookbooks, the photographs are always nice on the eyes. The use of older models is a cool touch as well.

Looks like the usual stuff I've come to expect from NDG. Nice sweaters, cardigans, denim, and jackets. Nothing is 'spectacular' but everything looks well constructed. The short trench is definitely my favorite piece in the collection.

NDG has been on point lately with updating thier site as well!

They did a good job of making their 'looks' model look fat and pasty, though.

yea whats up with this? I've always wondered how they manage to make the "Looks" part look so bad. for example FW07, something about the fits just look really bad. this collection was slightly better in terms of that, but still the other sections is far superior to the Looks part.

couple of looks I liked:

4l5c0f5.jpg

66adph0.jpg

Short trench / anorak / rain jacket all look nice. That short trench is really growing on me, I bet I could easily work that into my current aesthetic, and I bet it would work pretty well with the way I dress is slowly moving since trenches usually work with boots / darker details.

I love the presentation of the collection, as well.

It's funny looking back at the 06 collections and seeing how much the s/s brand has grown in just 2 years.

I have a question. What time of shoes is recommended when wearing ndg? Can I wear nikes/visvim, or does it have to be dressy/classy? I remember they were hypebeasty, is that all supposed to have disapeared?

any help please?

Well I would say that's all up to your personal preference. It seems as though they typically style thier fall collections with boots (they did collaborations with Trickers) and the Spring seems to have more sneakers pictured. But in the end it's up to you.

I get kind of a street, working man's feel in a lot of thier clothing now a days, don't know if that's what they're aiming for or not.

• 1 month later...
It's funny looking back at the 06 collections and seeing how much the s/s brand has grown in just 2 years.

Yeah... just outta curiousity has new new an OJAS items been done lately?? Last I saw was the lining for the Buzz Rickson jkts... but that was more just a repro of his NDG logo...