Why is arabic and terrorism trendy now?

jake snake

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hamas isnt exactly a terrorist group. they are the democratically elected governing body of palestine. they use untraditional methods of combat because they are basically hated by most of the world because our news makes us call them terrorists when we barely understand the complexity of their issues and struggle.

i would wear a hamas t shirt. you shouldnt.

Yeah, I think JakeSnake might have meant Hezbollah. PAM did a Hezbollah hoody before. I fucken hated PAM ever since. Fuck Hezbollah. Fuck PAM.

Arabic was dope when it was on WTAPS BDU jacket/shirt name plates and on Supreme tees. Pre 9/11 and pre arabic on clothes being played out that is.

i dont think 9/11 makes it uncool now. if anything its a factor in its popularization. before 9/11 there was no connection to the middle east in western culture. after, no matter how one sided the representation was, there was suddenly alot of coverage of the culture over there. so 9/11 was played a massive role in their visual culture being sucked into out vacuum of popular culture. and i hope your not connecting all arabic to 9/11. thatd be pretty sloppy of you. but i do see how the context has changed, i just dont agree with it.

i dont think 9/11 makes it uncool now. if anything its a factor in its popularization. before 9/11 there was no connection to the middle east in western culture. after, no matter how one sided the representation was, there was suddenly alot of coverage of the culture over there. so 9/11 was played a massive role in their visual culture being sucked into out vacuum of popular culture. and i hope your not connecting all arabic to 9/11. thatd be pretty sloppy of you. but i do see how the context has changed, i just dont agree with it.

Yeah its the context. Shemaghs used to be cool like just pre 9/11. Same as the arabic on clothes but now the connotations are bad. Like no matter why you`re wearing it, or what some arabic text you`re wearing translates as a lot of people are going to look at you and think "oh that kids some lefty terrorist loving fag". Whether its ignorant or not or they love you or hate you for it I dont want to be perceived as something I`m the opposite of.

Like for example sometimes I still want to wear an OD pattern shemagh with some camo pants coz the British SAS use em in the desert to keep out sand and its so utilitarian but I dont coz some people are gonna think I love terrorists. The truth is I admire the guys that kill terrorists. Not many people are gonna think that. Its why I like my Major League Infidel tee shirt coz it clearly conveys what I think, no mistaking. I dont personally wear anything to be "ironic."

Yeah, I think JakeSnake might have meant Hezbollah. PAM did a Hezbollah hoody before. I fucken hated PAM ever since. Fuck Hezbollah. Fuck PAM.

Hezbollah used to be a charitable organization, involving everything from helping the impoverished in their own country to major philanthropic operations around the world. The thing is, they also had a military ward. Tensions have always been high between islamic countries and israel, and I think the government in israel is just as much to blame as Hezbollah is.

Im not a Jew hater, I just look at things from both perspectives. I was in the middle east, and it was a total opposite society compared to the US. I think all americans cannot judge Islamic countries just from the evidence and propaganda of american media.

these are exactly the type of people we need to intentionally piss off.

co sign. i have (and will again) worn inflammatory slogans before and it makes me smile deep down knowing that some simple minded fool is going to think im a "lefty terrorist loving fag".

Hezbollah used to be a charitable organization, involving everything from helping the impoverished in their own country to major philanthropic operations around the world. The thing is, they also had a military ward.

Yeah I know. I dont want to get into a huge political fight but it was still Hezbollah (the military wing) that kidnapped Israeli soldiers and launched rockets indiscriminantly into Northern Israel last summer. They did this unprovoked. They just hate Israel and want it wiped off the map. I`m against an organisation like that and I dont know why PAM thinks they`re cool.

Hamas uses suicide bombers to purposely kill innocent civilians, which, IN MY OPINION, makes them terrorists.

I think the hoodie I'm thinking of is that P.a.m. one, which is actually Hezbollah, though.

Sorry, but your absolutely ignorant to a suicide bombers situation. Just because you source your information from America's largest television news host, doesn't mean it is accurate.

Yeah I know. I dont want to get into a huge political fight but it was still Hezbollah (the military wing) that kidnapped Israeli soldiers and launched rockets indiscriminantly into Northern Israel last summer. They did this unprovoked. They just hate Israel and want it wiped off the map. I`m against an organisation like that and I dont know why PAM thinks they`re cool.

They responded in a very harshly only due to the fact that many lebanese embassies and politicians have often been threatened, kidnapped, and tortured in israel. Their first air strike was used as a diversion to capture the soldiers, only till Israel releases the lebanese hostages. But that blew up in their faces, as Israel not only refused to free the hostages but also trespassed with large numbers in to lebanon to get their hostages back, but it all failed. Hezbollah was wrong in bombing Israel in the first place, but political tension between the two nations were extremely high a year prior. You see, they were bound to start a war sooner or later. Im not promoting Hezbollah by any means.

Hamas uses suicide bombers to purposely kill innocent civilians, which, IN MY OPINION, makes them terrorists.

I think the hoodie I'm thinking of is that P.a.m. one, which is actually Hezbollah, though.

Your an idiot, go home to your ignorant family and your racist father. You better join the armed forces and get sent to Iraq, join your buddies and rape a few middle eastern women. Then youll notice the terrible way you were brought up.

THIS IS THE DUMBEST SHTI I EVER HERD.

We wouldnt be living the way we do without the language, Arabic is language of math, everything relies on mathematics. I think mathematics are amazing, thus the language is amazing too.

lets not argue over politics cause, its frowned upon on this board. lets just all agree that the dude who started this thread is a dummy and that if arabic or "terrorist" imagery is suddenly cool, its because contemporary history (oxymoron?) has evoked discourse about these things and brought them into our collective consious and the clothes reflect that.

deal?

props to milspex for bringing the other side to my argument and not being shitty about it. i cant say i like that you idolize the people who kill "terrorists" because i think that word gets thrown around to vilify anyone who doesnt conform to western ideology, much like "communist" used to. but i respect that you know how these codes and symbols are deseminated and your entitled to your own interpretaion of them.

salaam.

I honestly can't find the button to close this thread.

stick to your guns you pussy, you asked the question and your getting answers stop flaking out like a little bitch

mods better delete this or we all might be ip-tracked and abducted for questioning by homeland security :/

freedom of speech for the win

Your an idiot, go home to your ignorant family and your racist father. You better join the armed forces and get sent to Iraq, join your buddies and rape a few middle eastern women. Then youll notice the terrible way you were brought up.

Why is he an idiot? Most people would define people that deliberately target civilians as terrorists.

I don't really like this reply its quite hostile. I dont recall Jake_snake every throwing a direct insult at you? Why do soil soldiers by say "rape a few middle eastern women", when it is most likely there are only a few isolated cases of this. Its very disrespectful to them, they are putting their lives on the line for something they believe, for something a lot of us believe in. And on the contrary "terrible way you were brought up", re-read your post and then speak. Your little tirade makes you out to be an asshole.

THIS IS THE DUMBEST SHTI I EVER HERD.

Most people knowledgable of many languages generally agree its one of the most beautiful languages.

As for the whole Israel/ Palestine/ Hezballah thing i personally cant be bothered to get into arguing about it here in to must depth. (I'm Muslim btw)

in general... Israel do horrible things (don't need to list them, check all the things the UN have condemned them for doing) and personally believe Israel shouldn't be there. if Jewish people want to live in Palestine that's fine but it should be under Palestinian rule (the majority) as it was before Britain got involved in the Middle East, where Jewish people were permitted to move to Palestine . Things of course changed when the State of Israel was made.

As for Hezballah, have no time for them they do horrible things too which are completely un-Islamic i.e kill innocent people, women, children and sometimes fellow Muslims, and the same goes for Hamas, and as for Fatah they're just a bunch of stooges for the USA.

That's all i'll say on the matter lol

as for Arabic on clothes, i couldn't care less. i def wouldn't wear that crap but if someone wants to so be it. and half the time the Arabic on it doesn;t even make sense lol