Evisu Deluxe?!?!

kurisu1945

Ok, here's the thing.

I just came across a pair of Evisu Deluxe (Japanese denim, but there's no red tag near the back pocket, so i assume its the Euro Version.)

What's so good about them? I tried it on, and it's like ROCK HARD. The sew is fine.. And it comes with a wooden box with two certificates.

They say its a special indigo dye in Japan. And its 17 Oz Denim (Normally 14.5Oz ??). Expected to shrink up to 1.5 ~ 2" on the waist for first wash.

Is this the best denim you could get ???

Its this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/EVISU-Deluxe-Special-Boxed-Jean-Sz-34-MSRP-699-Denim_W0QQitemZ250140986031QQihZ015QQcategoryZ11483QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

i like evisu too, but not because they are expensive nad i want to show it off, but for the understated details that they use in thier jeans. id probably get a pair with gulls, but only hand painted. and only ecru... the classic evis style. oh, and 2000 in No1 special denim only.

I had some MIJ 2000 No.1 specials about 8 years ago. Price was about that of samurais these days if I remember correctly.

They were beauties, not as slubby as some of the jeans these days but a nice texture and deep colour. I remember the leg twist was pretty insane. Cut was not bad and the gulls were handpainted when you chose them, you had colour choices or you could skip them altogether.

I gave them away for some stupid reason......

MIJ Evisu is awesome. Combine that with the awesome stores they have in Japan, it's one of the dopest brands out there. I've only been to a few stores in Osaka, but each one was nicer than the next. I think the coolest one they had was the fishing joint with the bar. Nice people and nice food with your drinks.

All the licensed product outside of Japan, aren't shit, but they tend to be poorly constructed and tasteless. The cut and fit are a bit crazy too.

So do yourself a favor and check out the MIJ Evisu, instead of all this other razzle dazzle.

Evisu makes several lines of jeans with different price points and fabrics, so that is why there is such debate and confusion over Evisu.

For these particular jeans, they are made from Japanese Kuroki denim, and have an incredible unique and varied tone and texture to the denim. They are heavier weight which you can really feel the nicer quality. As Cheep said there are a lot of hidden details that you would never see unless you knew were to look that are very true to vintage origins. This model has a vintage fit which is a little bit loose.

They are great jeans. I have a pair.

why? because i say that someone who wants something just to show off the fact that they paid alot of money for it shows little class or taste?

No, whats the point of bitch slappin someones style just to ut your head first. its a fucking gull, sometimes thye look good and sometimes they dont. But the dudes not a retard for liking em. I likee the embroidered gulls, somtimes... Thats my only point. My apologies for snappin. But its not about showing off, chances are, 95% of the general population doesnt even konw what they are... But in general it is tasteless to be showy, UNLESS it looks friggin awesome.

dw about it.

its far too common over a forum.

yer, I'm thinking about a hand painted one from japan.

I'm just abit worried about the fit now.

--------------------

Is that Deluxe version more of a LOT 2001 or a LOT 2000???

--------------------

coz I'm thinking about a LOT2000 No.1 (better quality denim from evisu ye?)

but I'm scared now. Coz the internet sizes say I need a 34" to shrink to a 32" (1.5"~2" shrinkage).

But that Deluxe was already baggy for me on a 32" when I tried them on 0.o (esp on the legs)

PS. I tried on the one without the Gull. Its good quality denim with the uneven shining texture 0.o

But since i'm paying alot for it. Might as well let ppl kno how much it costs.

That's wat brands are for if you've done marketing.

I've checked out samurai jeans as well. Well they're good selvedge denim but the cuts not for fat...

did you check out their whole line?

they have plenty of loose cuts that will look good 'for fat'

blueingreensoho.com

Yer I've checked out their whole line. I'll check again just to be sure. But besides of Sams, I'm still leaning towards Evisu. Despite knowing how good Sams are.

----------------

The question is :

Is the Deluxe closer to the JP VER. LOT 2000 or JP VER. LOT 2001

----------------

Btw,

32" on the Deluxe is too much already. There's no point sizing up.

34" on the LOT 2000 is already sized up 1" on my actual size (That's wat rakuten says)

Pandemonium, thanks for trying to help.

I kinda like the gull version better.. lol shows ppl they're expensive evisu?

^^his reasoning behind gulls.

But its not about showing off, chances are, 95% of the general population doesnt even konw what they are... But in general it is tasteless to be showy, UNLESS it looks friggin awesome.

it is about showing off.

And besides you woudlnt be bitchin if you had em, they are fucking awesome.

i want a pair of MIJ no1 specials... 2000 cut with ecru gulls. not to be showy but because of the history behind them... and because they are beautiful jeans.

i know ive said this before but once you step foot in the daikanyama store your appreciation for evisu really goes up. just beautiful and the center piece is just ripe with historical value. i also like the gulls, not cause it shows off your expensive jeans but cause significance it holds, that and i think it does look cool. i found some small pics of the store, doesn't show detailed pics of the shuttle loom centerpiece but decent none the less.

http://www.nipponpass.com/travel/point.php?point_id=279

its been a few days.

and all I get is cotton duck's unhelpful replies.

yes to me buying new clothes and wearing it is all about having what others dont. I dont care about any bloody history behind it. Because I dare to admit that inside of me I'm trying to be different from others.

-----------------------

Is the Evisu Deluxe cutting more of a LOT 2000 or a LOT 2001 ?

-----------------------