Harry Potter

Thorns

superconfession: I find the actor who played luna lovegood very cute

Seconded. There's something about her... not that she's attractive, just interesting and cute, I suppose.

Anyway, the movie sucked. They left out too much and it's been getting on my nerves that instead of growing up they seem to be stuck in a time loop in the movies. No progress in 4th and 5th in terms of character. And it's not the actors, it's the dialog, the presentation, everything.

One of the great things about the book is that Rowling managed to evolve the characters very well throughout the six books. In the movie Harry looks like a 16-year old but still behaves and talks like a 12-year old. Just annoying.

I liked the first three movies (with Cuarón's being the best), the last two sucked.

Harry Potter?

Where overaged actor tries to act like teenagers? Do the women strap their burgeoning bosoms and guys shave their public hair?

They should have shot the whole thing in one go now or last year, like they did for LOTR.

that sounds like a fucking dumb idea

one of the things i enjoy most about the movies is that the actors

are true to their ages that they play +/- 2 years or so

shooting the whole thing now would just ruin the one realistic

aspect that this movie has.

and they sort of have to cut out alot from the books

once they get into these later movies because the

books are so many pages and whatnot.

i think daniel radcliffe is becoming a terrible actor in the harry potter movies. he just seems so bland, i don't know, maybe because the 5th movie was terrible. I think everyone saw it was not going to be good. the 5th book is information, very important information but information none the less, for the sixth and ultimately 7th book. thus, i didnt expect great things. however, the movie was terribly boring, even when they had the chance to add some action they didnt. great book, my favorite of the series....terrible movie

I finished the book a couple minutes ago. I started reading it online a couple days ago and got about halfway through it, then I waited in line to get the actual book last night and finished it this morning.

Anyways, loved the book, probably my second favorite in the series. I wasn't a fan of the epilogue, but I don't think many were. Just seemed tacked on.

The epilogue was kinda lame lame but necessary. Now who wants to bet that Rowling will write another story in the Harry Potter world?

Just finished reading the Hallows and have to say that it was better than I expected - really enjoyed it. I could only wish that she would write another Potter-related story, but Rowling's said that she would not write another Potter book. Too bad.

ohh and cho is fugly.

Man seconded. Wtf does Britain not have any hot asian chicks? It's not even like she needed any real acting ability, since 90% of her scenes was just crying.

Deathly Hallows definitely up in the top 3 for the series. Although for the entire second half of the series I could have done with more magic and less Harry Potter being a little bitch about everything.

finally finished the book. prob my 2nd favorite, could make a case for the best one. some parts were slow like mentioned above, but the 2nd half of the book flew by.

whos the next author thats going to write a potter related spinoff and would you read it?