Harry Potter

Thorns

I'm really sorry to be the gay one to bring this up, but I just saw the new Harry Potter movie and seriously... the wardrobe department did really well. The kids mostly had thick white oxfords that looked pretty fantastic. Harry looked like shit in most scenes except for a pretty sweet brown cord jacket. Snape looked awesome. In one scene where he's trying to teach Harry occlumency it looks as if he's wearing some black tsubi joeys or some other long skinny black jeans and those black dior 6.5 boots. Theres a scene with voldemort in this skinny rocker looking shiny black three piece suit that was badass. Sirius had a ton of sweet waist coats, jackets, and long coats that were impeccable.

Was the movie good at all, I havent had a chance to see it. I hope it does the book justice as it was my favorite one so far.

This is really suprising. From what I've heard/seen, this book is generally viewed as the worst of the series as it consists mostly of 'filler' .

That being said, I did not enjoy the movie at all. The truth is that if you took this book/movie out of the series everything would flow just as well as if it hadn't been there in the first place; nothing "happens" in this book. You really don't learn any new shit and it is quite slow/dull.

If you're a Potter fan, then you obviously are obliged to go see it, otherwise, avoid.

This is really suprising. From what I've heard/seen, this book is generally viewed as the worst of the series as it consists mostly of 'filler' .

That being said, I did not enjoy the movie at all. The truth is that if you took this book/movie out of the series everything would flow just as well as if it hadn't been there in the first place; nothing "happens" in this book. You really don't learn any new shit and it is quite slow/dull.

If you're a Potter fan, then you obviously are obliged to go see it, otherwise, avoid.

I'll agree with you when you say it's the least enjoyable. But it's definitely key to read. One of the main characters dies--what if you read the sixth book and the character you assume is still alive and kicking just randomly died?

I guess I somewhat agree about this book not meaning much, but it does serve as the transition from normal magical world to the everyone be scared to go outside at night magical world. And then there is the whole prophecy thing along with the fight

I'll agree with you when you say it's the least enjoyable. But it's definitely key to read. One of the main characters dies--what if you read the sixth book and the character you assume is still alive and kicking just randomly died?

But his death was so boring........plus, the movies don't make him out to be a big deal at all.......in the book, sure, I've heard it was pivotal (I've never read any of the books; call me a filthy whore....I deserve it), but I don't think moviegoers cared that much. The films didn't make you feel that close to him (you're talking about Sirius right? Just want to make sure we're talking the same book).........

england would you teach me to ride a broom correctly...

If you're lucky. First you have to eat an entire bag of Bertie Bot's pepper/vomit/booger/dirt/etc. flavored jelly-beans.

But his death was so boring........plus, the movies don't make him out to be a big deal at all.......in the book, sure, I've heard it was pivotal (I've never read any of the books; call me a filthy whore....I deserve it), but I don't think moviegoers cared that much. The films didn't make you feel that close to him (you're talking about Sirius right? Just want to make sure we're talking the same book)..........

Saw it yesterday, and you're exactly right about Black's death. They slow-moed the death scene to attempt some kind of drama, but there really wasn't any kind of relationship between Potter and Black. Also, Gambon as Dumbledore is just wrong.

on the books:

i think the "curioser and curioser" spirit in which the first few books were written were lost as rowling wrote the rest of the series, replaced by "longer and longer" instead (you could use the books as doorjambs and they would do perfectly). i very much preferred the first three books with their sense of wonderment and childlike heroism instead of the older characters in the later ones.

the movies...well i need to see it (tmr!) to say anything. but i think as a whole the LOTR series was much better made (and perhaps one of the best book-to-movie transpositions as far as the genre of fantasy is concerned?)

on the books:

i think the "curioser and curioser" spirit in which the first few books were written were lost as rowling wrote the rest of the series, replaced by "longer and longer" instead (you could use the books as doorjambs and they would do perfectly). i very much preferred the first three books with their sense of wonderment and childlike heroism instead of the older characters in the later ones.

the movies...well i need to see it (tmr!) to say anything. but i think as a whole the LOTR series was much better made (and perhaps one of the best book-to-movie transpositions as far as the genre of fantasy is concerned?)

As for the books, I agree with you how the earlier books had an innocence and wonderment about them that made them interesting, but I can understand why Rowling had move the story away from that - it would've gotten repetitive. Where I get bored with the recent books is the lack of any development with Harry. Yes he gets darker and starts falling love like most adolescents, but I don't think she's done a good job of making us feel his transformation from a boy to a hero. It's basically a lot of Harry sulking and then suddenly realizing that he's got friends who he has to protect.

As for the books, I agree with you how the earlier books had an innocence and wonderment about them that made them interesting, but I can understand why Rowling had move the story away from that - it would've gotten repetitive. Where I get bored with the recent books is the lack of any development with Harry. Yes he gets darker and starts falling love like most adolescents, but I don't think she's done a good job of making us feel his transformation from a boy to a hero. It's basically a lot of Harry sulking and then suddenly realizing that he's got friends who he has to protect.

well put. but admittedly the series is as much an indelible part of the children's story landscape as the hobbit, narnia (who could forget dear old clive staples) and roald dahl.

well put. but admittedly the series is as much an indelible part of the children's story landscape as the hobbit, narnia (who could forget dear old clive staples) and roald dahl.

Can't argue with you om that fact - even Stephen King's saying he's gonna be bawling with a box of Kleenex when he gets to the Deathly Hallows.

i just saw it hoping for the movie of the summer..and transformer kicked harry ass bad. whatever it was meant to explain i really didnt care to know. a let down

The reviews on the Trans movie are really bad, so just curious to know why you think it's a good movie. I was eager to see it (watched Trans toon as a kid), but the bad reviews scared me away.

The reviews on the Trans movie are really bad, so just curious to know why you think it's a good movie. I was eager to see it (watched Trans toon as a kid), but the bad reviews scared me away.

i went in not expecting much my friend practically dragged me to it...but it was really funny an d teh effects are awesome you know how in most cgi films you can see when they use cgi because it kind of pops off the screen...you couldnt tell at all they really looked like they were there and there movements were incredible not mechanical at all...i hope you understand this...but basically the effects were incredible and for what it is i was really impressed .

you couldnt tell at all they really looked like they were there and there movements were incredible not mechanical at all.

See, this is the exact thing that did not appeal to me in the movie. In my mind Transformers are hulking robots with a lot of weight to them, yet in the movie they were fucking break dancing and barrel rolling all over the place. I'm glad the CGI technology is advanced enough to make the movements look so smooth, but it seemed like they went overboard showing off what they could do. It's Transformers, not Ninjabots.

But yea, I'm pretty psyched for the Harry Potter movie. Wanted to see it in Imax 3D but couldn't get tickets for this week so I'm holding out.

i went in not expecting much my friend practically dragged me to it...but it was really funny an d teh effects are awesome you know how in most cgi films you can see when they use cgi because it kind of pops off the screen...you couldnt tell at all they really looked like they were there and there movements were incredible not mechanical at all...i hope you understand this...but basically the effects were incredible and for what it is i was really impressed .

Cute girls and great graphics...I just might make my way out to the theater this weekend. A lot better than watching the Stros suck.