The Slim Black Pants Thread

wEstSidE

So, every brand basically has some type of black skinny pants nowadays, why not catologue them so no one has to spend a bunch of time searching? I'll start us off.

Helmut Lang: does this shit every season

Raf Simons: again, has been doing this for years.

Opening Ceremony: I don't know a whole lot about this mark but it seems like they enjoy monochrome, and indeed make this kind of pants.

Cheap Monday: Overdyed Tight...good pair of cheap pants.

April 77: overdrive, colordrive, marky, johnny, dischord, costello, etc. great mark for this obviously.

Ann D.: see chris or hewmiri...needless to say, awesome

Nudie: thin finn black coated is pretty cool.

And this is where I start to draw a blank. If anyone wants to add more, feel free to go for it.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surface 2 Air: there is already a thread on this one...but they have black coateds as well, apparently a more relaxed cut.

John Galliano: had black coated last season, probably hard to find nowadays

Dior: had/has an oiled denim.

Guest jmatsu

John Galliano: had black coated last season, probably hard to find nowadays

last season and this season, overall is not too slim.

I don't know the specific model names or whatever, but I'm pretty sure people can figure out which ones are relaxed and which ones are slim. Raf Simons also has some very relaxed pants on occasion but I'm sure people can tell that as well. Black grommet pants are killer though...

on galliano: really? i got the impression that they were similar to 21cm cut. thanks for the input.

I'm sort of not impressed with the quality of my A77 Joey Colordrives. I love the fit so much, but the hardware really sucks, and on the left leg theres a blowout in the outseam. I really love these jeans, but the quality of them is a bit distressing, considering the price.

How bad is the quality of Cheap Monday overdyes? For $60something it might be worth getting a pair just to give my A77's a break.

if you can get them for less than 60 i would just go ahead and get two pairs. it's definitely worse quality than A77 though...really really really cheap details: paper patch on the back, terrible pocket bags, unflattering rivets.

Westside, were you trying really hard to think of something to start a thread with?

Dude, you start a thread to discuss different black denims and your description for half of your list is like, 'does this shit'

Way to be informative

haha

what, should I have given you the sku or something? seriously I'm not a fucking computer. if you look for those marks you'll find something, that was the damn point.

Guest jmatsu
dee dees come in black as well right?

2 types.

the regulear black

the dee ruff riders (material is thicker)

dee is straight not to slim at the bottom.

I guess I'll contribute

Dior Homme's new selvedge black raw denim......shit is sexy

400$ retail, I'll post some pics as soon as I go pick em up in the near future

But definitely worth a check out by anyone searching for good black denim

This might be enough to make me cop my first dh.

cheap monday's tight overdye black is amazing for its price. one of the slimmest cuts available, blacker than black, and the stretch makes it COMFORTABLE. i prefer it over april77, acne, etcetc.

i just bought a pair of cloak trousers at INA. cut is surprisingly slim because i usually wear 27-29 in denim, but i bought a 30.

Guest jmatsu
my top three:

1. tsubi joey overdyed black

2. tsubi joey overdyed black

3. tsubi joey overdyed black

ps, ann's pants arent that slim.

WORD

know what i'm sayin?!?!?