Cerruti S/S 08

Tiranis

not my style, but this is good, reminds me of Strip-era Dior in the mood, and the clothes have a Solitaire/Follow Me feel, except an edgier version...should look good on the right wearer. The womens outfits are sexy... Hedi got some competition when his line comes out.

Ok, some more info:

As most of you noticed it looks like pre-VotC Dior, obviously not an exact copy but it's got similar styling. The thing is, there's a lot of people who actually believe that Taralis had more to do with Dior as we know it than Hedi... since after he left Dior slowly went to shit (he was at Dior for three years).

Then again these are all speculations (which can be countered by what Hedi did at YSL), but I'm making this clear so people don't right-out assume that he's just following Hedi...

i wont be able to pull off his style, but agreed it will look good on the right person with that attitude.

eitherway, some trivia:

apparently he worked under helmut lang before hedi slimane, is canadian but studied at a university in vienna.

he also did a collaboration with uniqlo released last year aug.

did some googling on him, his designs are indeed reminsicent of dior homme even before designing for cerruti now.

Thanks for posting this Tiranis. A little late at posting but I am really liking this collection. Although I have never been much of a fan of Hedi Slimane's Dior clothing for myself I could always appreciate where he was going. But this collection is what KVA should have done for Dior this Spring.

Fantastic tailoring, quirky detailing, slim fitting, excellent fabric choices (from what I can tell), and nothing too extravagent. I could definitely see this taking off, especially with the KVA at Dior debacle.

Yeah...

I've definitely noticed cerutti now, I mean I know it existed before but it was like "okay, it's cerutti". It was never really on my "map"

But now, I'm looking out for cerutti. I dunno about the pricing though. I hope it doesn't cost like Lanvin or something ridiculously expensive.

But yeah, Nice collection. One of my favorites along with Lanvin.