Costume National S/S 08

I like some of it, it's nice and simple and what I would expect. It just seems as though there is no cognitive feel to the collections. I always feel as though they are trying to hard to find thier place and it ends up looking like a mash up of what other designers have already made. I also don't agree with thier pricing, I think it is way overpriced for what you actually get.

I can get Costume National suits for about 600-700 Euros at a local store. Seems like their pricing is inconsistent.

not sure about their prices ups and downs in europe or us, but here in tokyo, costume national stuff very quickly goes on sale and prices are rather deeply slashed that i often got a shock. and i am sure many on this board know, tokyo is a place where you can sell used ann dems/ margielas/ for a rather high price. i think they are just not very popular.

to me, the brand no longer appeals to me, this collection as well.

there is no consistency and there is no brand image. they used to have it before but since 2003 it has lost that appeal to me. i still love those black stuff they put out way before and some accessories like those soft calf leather pouch you can wear on your wrist, superb quality and very cool.

• 2 months later...

Every season, I try to pick a piece that I definitely either want to buy directly or to find a good analogue for. I think that short-sleeved jacket just might do it for my Spring-Summer. Unless you guys can think of another good piece of light outerwear?

• 4 months later...

Good question constant struggle, i dont know though.

Jonfrom 508 - they look so similar to all the zip side boots on all the military stores, they even have the cap toe.

On boots- I have some costume national boots and I love them, really nice.

I hear what people are saying - CN is abit like everything else - but thats kinda what makes it so adaptable and good, for me anyway....

quick question

whats the difference between

C'N'C costume national

and Costume National Homme

I just got a pair of navy wool/silk dress pants from costume national homme and i love them

Costume National Homme is the good stuff, their mainline.

CNC is absolute garbage. The worst of the worst in Eurotrash. This shit is even worse than the D&G diffusion line.

Quite possibly the biggest discrepency in all of fashion for mainline vs diffusion.

stolen from fashionspot

captd421dadad5874e98a93jw1.jpg

r2743371870oi8.jpg

r2022594029eu5.jpg

i think it looks good.. i like a lot of the oversized pieces, nice volumes

Jacket, bag and trench, love.

quick question

whats the difference between

C'N'C costume national

and Costume National Homme

I just got a pair of navy wool/silk dress pants from costume national homme and i love them

Costume National Homme is the good stuff, their mainline.

CNC is absolute garbage. The worst of the worst in Eurotrash. This shit is even worse than the D&G diffusion line.

Quite possibly the biggest discrepency in all of fashion for mainline vs diffusion.

Yeah, this.

That collaboration with ducati by CNC two years ago was like watching a backalley abortionist work on your girlfriend.

Centaurs on fucking motorcycles with glitter.

There are no words.

i hear the costume national homme suits have working buttonholes though?

(aka bitch to tailor)

this is unfortunate because they are real nice for the pricepoint

Yeah they do.

On the other hand they fit me like a glove.

Too bad for you.

I do agree that costume national has lost its way, on the other hand, the suits are still cut with their signature sillhoutte for the most part (although the jackets I have from pre-2003 are a little more exaggerated, almost Jil Sander-esque).

I always find a few items to take out of each collection.

I'm constantly confused at the lack of CN on sufu, a lot of the pieces fit really well with the general sufu-aesthetic, while the collections as a whole may not be amazing there's always more good stuff than one average person can afford each time .

I'm constantly confused at the lack of CN on sufu, a lot of the pieces fit really well with the general sufu-aesthetic, while the collections as a whole may not be amazing there's always more good stuff than one average person can afford each time .

I think the issue has already been brought up. Superfuture comes from a strong background in "streetwear" so a lot of importance is still placed upon the "brand" (and rightfully so, in my opinion). As was said earlier, Costume National has little vision and no real "place" amongst other high-tier designers, so to a lot of people it seems like a high-fashion GAP (as far as image goes).

As such, if people even are wearing it, they probably choose not to list it.

It depends what you're looking for. The new stuff runs reasonably slim depending on the collection, it's not as skinny as Dior or Raf.

The older stuff runs quite slim in the chest and shoulders, but relaxes the waistline, more of a soft sillhoutte around the hips than a Jil Sander triangle, but it is reminiscent of her work.

Basically, if you want to tailor the old stuff skinny, you're missing the point, but go nuts with the new stuff.

@ Servo I believe Capasa started work with Yamamoto in 82 or 83, although I'm not sure. What I am sure of is that Yamamoto's ready to wear line was started in 81 with massive commercial and critical success. So I'm pretty sure Capasa was in for some a the good early collections, the timelines are right.