JP motors..

anyone here drive in japan?

im tryna decide whether i should stomach the dayly travel from shinsaibashi-to-kishi (where my uni is).. or just rent a place in kishi and with the added bones saved, pick up a little RWD number, hopefully the AE86..

anyone drive in JP?

what are the taxes/formalities of driving there?

particularly on slightly older cars...

hachiroku0606-2.jpg

AE86, a beautiful car. I want to visit japan solely for driving. Even though I'm too young to drive legally in the US, I know how to drive stickshift and I'm picking up on a few drifting techniques, even though I don't really enjoy drifting as a motorsport too much. Cant really help you, but that is a beautiful car.

yeah i realise the hachiroku's will be a bit beat most probably, but i dont really mind if its a bit tatty, aslong as transmissions stil intact im not fussed! haha.. ill just use it as a beater anyway.. might take it over to my girls house in gunma and get it fixed up in their garage, just a fill an spray :)

you know that with an older car (pretty sure it's 6 years), you have to have them inspected every year and not only does the inspection is real expensive, but also, they change everything that they feel is unsafe, too old, polute too much and then give you the bill. + if you car is longer than a certain lenght (I'm too lazy to google it, but it's pretty small), you have to prove that you have a parking space at home. and parking and tolls are ridiculously expensive. i wouldn't bother getting something older if i were you, either move to live closer to uni and get something newer (cars are really cheap in jp).

yeah.. but in kishi im likely to have my own parking space..

also, newer cars arent really an option as what im interested in is that the hachiroku is rear wheel drive.. .. not many modern cars are, especially japanese :'(

maybe im better off just getting a choinori straight from the shop. there literally 60000yen.. but i heard theyre very poor.

any idea of taxes/inspections on small engine bikes/scooters (50cc)?!