Jil Sander S/S 08

goldengloves

I like how this feels like it's Jil Sander, but you can clearly see Raf's touch in it. The silhouette is rather appealing in all of these.

I feel like this is a step forward and improvement from Fall 07/08 which felt kind of bland, not because it was simple, but because I felt like Raf was holding back.

With that said, the models are butt ugly.

i dunno. What I noticed with Jil sander and recent collections is that I feel like it doesn't offer variety. I know this is the "Jil Sander Aesthetic", but just seeing previous collections til now I feel like it's starting to look the same. I like the style, yes, the lines are clean, minimalist, very modern, geometric, monochromatic, stark etc.

Hopefully next season J. Sander would come up with something that would blow me away, as opposed to just "oh okay, it's a new collection, it's nice, very Jil Sander"

i think some of the silhouette looks very much like jil sander's times. which is great i think. i do have some of the pants from that era that look almost exactly like what raf put out.

raf is doing a great job there imo, it offers people who wants subtlety and quiet sophistication, just the little minor changes here and there that you may not immediately notice, is enough.

well, i would say this is beginning to resemble Raf-Jil as its own entity rather than actual Jil stuff...cant say im a fan based on this styling alone. And in stores, the fabrics and cuts used hasn't impressed me much, so im not sure whether to expect otherwise when this hits. Then again, i wasn't ever really part of the Jil Sander clientele demographic, so this is speaking strictly from a third person's point of view.

I'm not too fond of this.

First off, obviously the suits are nice. It's Jil Sander. Well it isn't, but it still is. I also like the red suit that kaegan pointed out, but I would have preferred to see it in a fabric that isn't so matte. The other suits are nice too, but that's about it.

The coats are very cool on the catwalk, but I don't think they are very wearable. I hate the jacket with shorts look, even when Raf does it. And everything else is just trousers with a shirt, even if the shirt is made of some crazy material. There are no new shapes, no new silhouettes, nothing along those lines. Too bad, because like many here I'm both a fan of Raf and of Jil.

edit: to give some credit though, those may even be sandals that I would consider wearing anywhere else but the beach. And that's actually quite the achievement.

I agree about the collection not being too exciting, but then again I usually wind up feeling the same way about every Jil Sander collection. I think the starkness and muted colors just give a 'plain' appearance but this isn't to say I don't like some of the looks.

I think the two collared shirt look is great, the short sleeve jacket shirt is a great twist for Spring, and although I would never wear it, I think Raf does the shorts with jacket look better than anyone (especially Thom). I also have to agree with coldrice that the copper-ish color is absolutely fantastic, but I'm definitely not feeling the hunter green (I didn't post it for a reason..lol).

I like some of the looks. A bit boring as some of you already said, and I might go as far to say that some of the outfits look like pyjama's( for example, look # 34-36). BTW did you guys also noticed the low quality of the pictures of all the shows? Like they aren't resized properly !

While I agree that the clothes may be plain, I do not think they are boring. I like the collection specifically for the reason some may dislike it...it seems clinical, almost a little artificial, but in a good way.

And I really like this look:

00210m.jpg

• 3 weeks later...