Save DUM Appeal letter writing contest

digital_denim

: /

I dont even have any details, there are 'workshops' on it but I'll be in NY and I'll miss them. I will e-mail the school and see what they say.

love the tags, thanks.

Yes, I did. I'll be missing the workshops that tell you how to write it. The ones before the deadline for readmission in Fall atleast.

Actually maybe I can have someone go for me and take notes for me.

Oh wow, found something.

WHAT SHOULD I INCLUDE IN MY APPEAL LETTER?

You may wish to include the following in your letter:

1. Why your grades were low and what you will do to improve your grades.

2. Changes you have made or plan to make in your that wil improve your academic performance,

3. Your college goals.

4. Other pertinent information you wish to share with the Academics Standards Committee.

Is DUM going to have to change his name to DUMB?

OH NOES

But seriously, make up some BS about having to work to pay for school/books or the catch all excuse of "family"

Bleh, I'll just make up some shit about how I'm going to start taking it seriously and work my hardest and where I wanna go with my life.

They say they also look at the placement scores so that should help me some.

Some years back they tried to kick me out of school. I flipped the fuck out and wrote this insane long sobby appeals letter, then delivered it personally to this dude all prepared to defend my letter. He was like the VP of Student Affairs or someshit.

Anyways he glances at it for like two seconds then says, "Yeah we'll get you back in school." The whole thing basically amounted to a total joke.

Hopefully you have a similar situation. Just make sure to try and talk to people in person.

keep in mind they'll keep your money and keep you in school as long as you dont seem like a complete and utter retard...

but i do find your username sort of ironic.. just procrastinate less next semester as i'm sure thats your main problem

just take a mugshot of miss notblonde and write "it was this bitch's fault."

it is that bitch's fault i told him ill find someone to give her an uncomfortable venerial disease but noooo he all wants to hump her and shit

DUM sorry to hear about your situation. Although this thread has proven use for me. I just graduated from high school and accepted into the university around here. I had previously taken college courses and gained credit there so I had to send my transcript. I have an awesome HS gpa but my college gpa was lower and they denied me. I'm forced to write an appeal to the board of admissions. It's stupidly retarded, really.

fuck, i'm in the same situation. i'm gonna fail mid years(next week) and my principal's threatening to expel me for bad results, what the fuck? is this allowed? i'm from singapore btw. sorry to hijack this thread, but i'm feeling seriously crappy now

Guest Airjamie

Hahaha. sophomore year i fucked up pretty bad.. My acchievements that year included:

Skipping 6 straight weeks of calculus.

Making over $2000 in one week selling drugs, blowing it all throwing a massive kegger, and fondling the chancellors great niece (she liked it) .

Passing out on the roof of 2 seperate administration buildings on 2 seperate occasions and being locked up there for the night.

Disrupting a date rape seminar so badly i had to be dragged out, the school paper later did an interview with me about the incident.

Being kicked out of class for the following reasons: drunkenness, actually drinking in class, laughing at the most inappropriate times (when the suffragette bitch got run over by that horse, did a blackflip, and died), calling my art history professors boyfriend (who was subbing and displayedd a picture of new york punks saying "yes these people still do exist though i have no idea why") a "peckerwood faggot" and threatening to kick his ass.

Passing out, rolling out of my desk, and puking on the floor during a deductive logic test. When questioned about it i told the professor i was "just trying to tie my shoes"

Pretty much ruinined every frat party ever.

Carved the black flag logo into a $10,000 sofa in the administration office.

Threw beerbottles at the opposing teams goalies during every soccer game.

Lowered my 3.5 GPA to 1.8.

I graduated with a 3.7 and recommendation letters from half the faculty. Being lazy is no excuse for failing. A drug and alcohol problem is.

i didn't know one could find help for college here. if i had known that sooner, i wouldn't have failed davis. ha.

in davis, when my counselour would ask me what my problem was, i would just say problems with sleeping and lack of motivation. have you used that as an excuse yet?

good luck, DUM!!!!

Guest Airjamie
AirJamie needs his own thread.... AJ could you please start a "Fucked up things AirJamie did this week" thread...

Its called superconfessional.

Guest Airjamie
I got kicked out too. But now I'm taking some summer courses and then community college. HORRAY! Fuck Adelphi University though. Seriously.

Uuuh...see the difference here is I grajiated from the same university. Admittedly took a semester longer than expected, but the university mandated that i attend university sposored Narcotic and alcohol rehabilitation. Why didnt they kick me out? Its not often a sophomore fails all the classes one semester but still manages to be published three times.