Art for a bedroom

I understand that art is a very personal thing, and that it is all subjective. However, I am a Sophomore in college who will be moving into a pretty decent loft in August. My room is painted off-white, has a white carpet and half of one wall is exposed concrete. The concrete is the same color as the column in the picture, but is flat and flush with the wall. I currently have a 'so dark brown it's black' bed, a matching bed-side table, a black and silver lamp, a white leather futon and a tan colored desk. Where can I buy good, cheap art to spruce up the place? What colors would you recommend? I am open to photography or prints. How should I best utilize the concrete wall?

Thank you for the help!

The room looks like this, minus the furniture:

dsc02582qq9.jpg

ikea sells supercheap 'art' to fun up your room

i would try to get some takashi murakami prints tho... shouldn't be too expensive (at least if theyre not signed by the man himself) and he's got some awesome colourful work

if you have any friends that work in the movie biz, you cna get large posters off the backlot. my brother has a huge like popsicle advertisment that fits his wall, very pop-art. it was from some b-film as a prop. fucking sweet though. ill take some pics sometime.

well...

If your budget was bigger, I'd say get a piece from Tes One, as his can get up to 4 - 6 feet long (depending), a few feet high, and painted on plywood. They would be an amazing focal point to the room.

But you're talking low thousands for one of his works.

24_a.gif

-

31_a.gif

-

10_a.gif--

BUT, if you're into more urban inspired art (as above), I'd recommend some prints from an LA based artist named Fatoe. All my sigs/avatars are pieces of his work, he's got an amazing layered digital style that incorporates drawn work as well as photoshop. All his prints (when bought via his website) are hand signed, numbered, and for the ones i copped, he added spray paint of his own to the pieces and dipped the printed photo paper into paint before he sent them, so each print has their own unique touch. You can buy prints through his website here or even get prints on canvas from imagekind.

-ac853315-7fd3-450c-8128-d556e931f30d.jpg

-

f80_boxeodelanoche_01.jpg

-

hope that helps.

enjoy.

Some of us have very different taste in art...it's interesting.

I guess you aren't too artistically inclined, but making nice looking stuff really isn't that hard depending on the medium. If you put in the time, you can make something really satisfying no matter what your skills are like.

I have no artistic talent whatsoever. It's a shame, though, because I have always wanted to be able to paint and draw.

I have no artistic talent whatsoever. It's a shame, though, because I have always wanted to be able to paint and draw.

you dont need artistic ability...get some skinny tape, put it down in a design you like, and paint...or just throw some paint on and make it abstract!!