fitted outerwear in australia

DJI

With all the mentions of AG and Calibre, I'm surprised no one has mentioned Satch yet. They have great short peacoats in at the moment for around $460.

Alex(andra) at Melbourne Central always provides me with great service. Don't bother with the tossers at Chadstone.

australia is really freeezing this winter... i dont have anything that really suits this coldness. i don't think i can afford a peacoat, and just doesn't suit me.

been looking around for something else warm, however its really hard to find. only thing are those huge carhartt jackets, but they are just too bulky and will look strange with skinny jeans i wear.

what else is there to wear for this winter apart from wearing 6 layers of clothing? :confused:

How do you expect to find good shit buying brands like industrie and country road? Those brands are made for clueless fucktards. A whole winter Undercover collection dropped in Melbourne in the last couple of weeks I heard. Why dont you seek it out? Guarantee it will fit smaller than fucken country road, try shit on, find out what you need then avoid the markup by finding the same pieces online.

australia is really freeezing this winter... i dont have anything that really suits this coldness. i don't think i can afford a peacoat, and just doesn't suit me.

been looking around for something else warm, however its really hard to find. only thing are those huge carhartt jackets, but they are just too bulky and will look strange with skinny jeans i wear.

what else is there to wear for this winter apart from wearing 6 layers of clothing? :confused:

Its called the internet. Get a patagonia storm jacket (kinda like Seenmy wears) off ebay or something. Dont think Melbourne has a store anymore (maybe?) then layer that shit up with a sweatshirt or something. That goes with skinnies. Seenmy proved it.

as much as I don't want to spend over $1000 on a coat, you are pretty correct in your statement MilSpex. I went to chadstone today, and all of the offerings I saw were pretty abysmal (satch, morrisey, etc.). The only 2 coats from aussie designers that I liked came from arthur galand (sold out) and claude maus (more contemporary, single breasted coat, but quite slim fitting).

I'll visit cactus jam, assin, chiodo, cose ipanema, zambesi and possibly tenfold (anyone had any experience there?) tomorrow, however I don't think there is anywhere else in the CBD worth trying.

DJI - i really like the claude maus coats in FAT. Real nice soft wool and great design, BUT they're not that thick, no real lining, so they won't do too much for you on cold windy days. Also, $610 is pretty steep considering that. Also, FAT gives me the creeps a bit - the place is so pretentious!

Tenfold have gone down-hill, I think the original owner might have sold up. Used to have the full line of Paul Smith (pretty much every sub-label), plus some other similar brands. But now they seem to be selling off that unsold stock, and some other random average-quality suits...worth a look anyway I guess, you might find some bargain.

FAT give me the creeps for whole different reason, i can find everything there! from umbrellas to coats, from lomo cams to denim... i doubt theres another store in melbourne thats that complete. or is there?

GENKI is OKish but dont u think their collection is just a lil too limited? also 3 months ago i bought a holga from GENKI ($140), a week later i saw the very same holga colorflash in FAT selling for 135, but i guess that doesnt mean everything in fat is cheaper does it?

Yeah I'll definitely pay that, their men's selection is too limited. But I respect the fact that they produce good quality basics (tees, jumpers; dresses etc for girls) that are made from good materials, and cut really well, and have personality. Also they have brought in some really nice overseas brands at (generally) reasonable prices. EG they were the first to get the Kim Jones Umbro stuff. And they are the only store in Melbs (AFAIK) that stocks Superlovers.

as much as I don't want to spend over $1000 on a coat, you are pretty correct in your statement MilSpex. I went to chadstone today, and all of the offerings I saw were pretty abysmal (satch, morrisey, etc.). The only 2 coats from aussie designers that I liked came from arthur galand (sold out) and claude maus (more contemporary, single breasted coat, but quite slim fitting).

I'll visit cactus jam, assin, chiodo, cose ipanema, zambesi and possibly tenfold (anyone had any experience there?) tomorrow, however I don't think there is anywhere else in the CBD worth trying.

okay, make sure you report back. How much UC has assin got left?

ok, got back from checking out a lot of stores in the city.

cactus jam- nothing

tenfold- pretty poor selection inside, only 1 coat left in the entire store and it was in the window display...

chiodo- nothing

assin- in terms of wool coats they had a nice kris van assche peacoat, however no sizes small enough for me left. there was also a duffle coat by kris van assche. they had a pretty large selection of UC stuff (tees, singlets, shirts, jackets, etc.), so it would probably be worth your while to check it out MilSpex.

cose ipanema- only a rather tacky looking DG peacoat

husk- nothing

zambesi- one or two coats, limited sizes available due to sale on atm

looks like I'll just buy the Claude Maus coat for now, just have to decide if I want the black or charcoal one, will probably get the black one if they have it in XS at fat GPO.

I like Fat's range and found the service to be pretty good for the most part. I think the somewhat pretentious vibe the store gives off is probably due to the fact that Fat and Alice Euphemia are kind of the premier melbourne boutiques for aussie designed clothes. Genki is a really cool store, however its range is tiny, especially for guys.

No I just was asking for the people that were shopping at Country Road.

It's good for basics. My work is business casual and the Country Road dress pants have always had a decent cut and made from nice italian material. I've also bought several light jumpers/sweaters and a button down. Only complaint, it's a bit exxy.

morgz, you wouldn't happen to have been at the upstairs mcdonalds at melb central today at about 1pm would you? I think I recognised your peacoat haha

27/6... thats a wednesday, I would have been in a suit if I was around there, but I have been on training in south melbourne for a few days.. I wouldn't be surprised if someone else has that coat, they seem to have sold out according to the other guys on here.