Agenda?

Persia

thanks for the kind words. Agenda is trade show in Diego.

lets see, the biz, aint nothing but a hustle. Not to over use the word but it takes hard work and staight up business sense. There are a lot of fly by night companies based on hype that end up burning out in two years or so. I don't know if you skate but think of all the skate companies that come and go...just look through an old big brother mag (before hustler).

Here's some tips for personal experience:

Smart way - work for another company...gain experience on another cats dime. Hang out at the screen printer so you can learn printing....a true company is more than just an illustrator jockey. Check out a trade show or two, get to know magazine heads, and if you can also work at a retail shop so you can meet sales reps. Save up cash and respect what you know and what you dont know. If you need a partner, get one, but always stay 51% owner. Partnerships can be a bitch, homies are cool but shit can get crazy down the road (Cybelle RIP).

My way: Just fuckin charge, get a bunch of credit cards and make it happen. Your going to fuck up a lot, waste money on stupid shit, and take a few years to figure shit out. Work two or three jobs to pay the bills and believe in the message.

BUT most important, remember its a business. Any cat can print shirts, but to make money at it is a whole other game.

Any more questions....

Don't let Mama slap you.

www.mamaclothing.com

word thanx for the words///the good things is my father is a printer im pretty familiar with the biz..and i been doing alot of reading...with magazines, and skate magazines so ....im just takin it one day at a time..being patience and trying to learn the biz....this was very helpful though....ya know i like you way though..lol but then again i been tryin to get a job with a clothing company.. but havnt had any luck....any helpful hints in getting a job with a clothing company...besides knowing..someone...and gettin in like that