Street wear stores that promote graffiti

Now don't get me wrong, I got respect for graf artists. But I'm not a big fan of defacing public property. Call me a prude, but I think the sight of graffiti everywhere just disgusts me. I used to be into the writing scene when I was younger, but now that I am older, seeing shit like "NeckFace was here" just seems lame.

Anyways, I noticed that alot of the street wear brands seems to promote the graffiti culture, which is cool in my book. But, when the brand's "street teams" go out and put their stickers and posters all over the place on public property it just seems fucking lame to me. I'm talking about Supreme, aNYthing, Alife, Stussy, Recon, theHundreds...to name a few. They plaster all their shit all over the place. I'm thinking if these brands were really cool, why haven't their store fronts been tagged yet? Don't you think Stash would be pissed if some kids tagged up the Side of Nort/Recon, Supreme's front windows were bombarded with stickers from AppleBee's?

Anyways, I've been thinking about it for a long time, but I've always dreamt of hitting all these stores with tags, to give them a taste of their own medicine. I'm just expressing my thoughts here, but all these brands that promote "Street Culture" seems stupid since all their store fronts seem to be pristine with no signs of tags anywhere.

Well I always thought of shoplifting Irak clothing because its all about racking, but I don't think they'd find it funny. I think they actually had a shirt that said "STEAL THIS SHIRT".

Anyway, I don't think they'd mind....unless you're whack.

i think its retarded when brands put stickers on public property. i mean if they really wanted to be really well known they should just put a big ass fucking sign infront of their store instead of making it some whole in the wall types of shit.

call me crazy, but i dont think its the stores owners or employees themselves out on the streets in the wee hours bombing some storefronts with their stickers.

its probably the customers or the loyal fanbase that go along with stores and brands of that caliber.

and STC, i think youre missing the point.

these stores usually do have signs big enough for your average passerby to associate with, but the sticker bombing just takes your marketing to a grass roots level.

its subconscious advertising.

if you see a supreme sticker in the subway in new york, its automatically going to make you think of the store and the last time you were in there, what they had in stock, etc. it doesnt mean youre going to go out and buy something the next day, but youve got supreme on your mind and thats good enough advertising for them.

but like i think its retarded that the fanbase is doin such. i mean if people walk down the street and see a supreme sticker, some of them would probably would want to check it out. and you know these days...if you werent with it back then, you are gonna be called a hypebeast.

u guys sound real silly u act as if their etching store windows. there just stickers on stop signs no big deal. no one hits stores because they know their shit would be down in a matter of days no point to it. if those irak or suprme stickers wouldnt be up on light post there would be ads about increasing ur penis size or losing 40 pounds.

I concur.

Do you get as upset with political campaign stickers? I still see Bush/Cheney '04 stickers plastered on things, but somehow that is more acceptable?

I do actually, yes. If your speaking about those stickers specifically. Other candidates, not so much.

What I hate, coming from California are the NoTW stickers, Silly Boys trucks are for girls stickers, Real Men Love Jesus stickers, <random church> Stickers, etc...

Now, living in Seattle I hate, Wage Peace stickers, Biodiesel - No War Required Stickers, Think Green Stickers, and those type of things.

Now don't get me wrong, I got respect for graf artists. But I'm not a big fan of defacing public property. Call me a prude, but I think the sight of graffiti everywhere just disgusts me. I used to be into the writing scene when I was younger, but now that I am older, seeing shit like "NeckFace was here" just seems lame.

this is just basically about you getting older.........it was ok back when i did it, but now that i own a house or a business i dont want you to do that stuff on my property....

BAHHHH!!!

and Neckface is doing his thing...he may not be the most talented writer, but ther eare always wack writers that get up...and he's really well known and he's creative about placement. I find him entertaining

this is just basically about you getting older.........it was ok back when i did it, but now that i own a house or a business i dont want you to do that stuff on my property....

BAHHHH!!!

and Neckface is doing his thing...he may not be the most talented writer, but ther eare always wack writers that get up...and he's really well known and he's creative about placement. I find him entertaining

Touché

Anyways, I noticed that alot of the street wear brands seems to promote the graffiti culture, which is cool in my book. But, when the brand's "street teams" go out and put their stickers and posters all over the place on public property it just seems fucking lame to me. I'm talking about Supreme, aNYthing, Alife, Stussy, Recon, theHundreds...to name a few. They plaster all their shit all over the place. I'm thinking if these brands were really cool, why haven't their store fronts been tagged yet? Don't you think Stash would be pissed if some kids tagged up the Side of Nort/Recon, Supreme's front windows were bombarded with stickers from AppleBee's?

Anyways, I've been thinking about it for a long time, but I've always dreamt of hitting all these stores with tags, to give them a taste of their own medicine. I'm just expressing my thoughts here, but all these brands that promote "Street Culture" seems stupid since all their store fronts seem to be pristine with no signs of tags anywhere.

I hear what you are saying...

I don't think giving these stores a "taste of their own medicine" would be the answer when you don't know where to even begin pointing the finger, besides you are just contradicing yourself.

There's a big difference between defacing public property and private property. Most of those stickers are removable.

in all my years, i've never known any writers that hit private homes or

mom n' pop businesses. ever. and i've rolled with the grimiest of the grimy-

if you even thought about writing on something that wasn't

a. completely public

b. in a total state of disrepair

c. under the ownership of a chain/corporation

you'd get duffed in the mouth.