energy drinks / caffiene before exams

seksu!

i tried drinking two bottles of red bull before my HSC exam 6 years ago, i felt great for about 1 hr or so then damn tired after that

my advice is to get plenty of sleep, and start preparing for ur exam early but i guess this might be a little too late for u

Try some Yerba Mate out. It's an indigenous South American plant. Some people claim it's the devil's tool and contains more caffeine than a coffee plantation, some people claim it's caffeine free. Whatever. It has the energetic lift of coffee without the anxiety or shakiness, is an appetite suppressant if you want to lose weight, and is packed full of vitamins if you want to stay in shape. Pick it up in Helath food stores loose or in bags.

I used to down an energy drink every day when i was taking organic chemistry (perhaps one of the most difficult and important classes in college).

If you are not taking in caffeine regularly, i wouldnt recommend it.

i used to drink so much caffeine that i thought i was gonna have ulcers.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned amphetamine salts yet...

i had a feeling ghost would chim in with that...haha.

adderall

concerta

ritalin

dexies

all good on the school tip, but its still bad news.

edit: anyone get a chance to try that energy drink cocaine? i think it got pulled though.

out of necessity i made preparing for big tests an artform. def dont drink any energy drinks all sugar and/or caffeine both of which will make you crash about half way through. the best plan is get plenty of sleep the night before and eat something before with plenty of protein. if you must take something ritalin is it.

[quote=Larry Bird;492889

edit: anyone get a chance to try that energy drink cocaine? i think it got pulled though.

tried it once shit was ok but it burned the crap outta my throat. it was pulled for its name not because the product was faulty. think its gonna be back on hte market once they change the name.

i had a feeling ghost would chim in with that...haha.

adderall

concerta

ritalin

dexies

all good on the school tip, but its still bad news.

not necessarily bad dude.....can be quite nasty if abused (which i guess by definition includes any non-prescriptive use)...but they make a world of difference to a lot of people when taken properly.

are you actually sleepy during an exam? I drank energy drinks occasionally or popped some caffeine pills for lectures to stay awake, but I never had that problem with exams. a girl I studied with drank 2-3 cans of this energy drink a day. surprisingly, she was fat.

hahaha nice mike.

that's why i always go for the sugar free drinks....pepsi max and sugar free red bull/energy drinks all the way. my teeth would fall out and i'd be a fat bastard if i had the regular ones....digusting amounts of sugar in there.

2-3 cans a day is borderline death. You're not supposed to drink a whole lot in one day. It even says so on the can!

But anyways, energy drinks work for some, like myself. During finals week, I would pull all-nighters having one a day and sleeping for like 2-3 hours. By the end of the week, I would be a walking zombie, but i was up. And did fairly well on all my finals. But I sure did sleep about 17 hours straight when everything was over....

Woooooo totally unhealthy!!!!!

Forget the energy drinks, that is way more caffeine than you actually need, plus all the sugar and extra bullshit that is added will just add to the crash.

A large cup of black coffee is the best solution. Start drinking it about a hour before the test. It will fight the physical and mental fatigue to a point.

edit: anyone get a chance to try that energy drink cocaine? .

Yo I used to drink that shit on the way to the mountain right before snowboarding on sunday's because i'd usually be fighting off a mean hangover, it used to get me soooooooo hyper then i'd be really off the wall for like 3hrs,:eek: or at least till we started drinking again. yes it does make the back of your throst get numb because it has a bunch of ginger in it.

i drank a cup of coffee and then crushed a can of red bull before the verbal section of my MCAT. thought i did really well on the first part (physical), but ended out only ok, but killed the verbal and did well in the biology section. don't do anything you're not already used to though.

I wrote a paper on the use of caffeine and mental performance for a psych class. Short version based on the science available to me at the time:

Caffeine is excellent when used to remember information that you have already learned in the past.

Caffeine impairs one's ability to learn in the present.

Conclusion - Learn while unaffected, but pound something right before an examination.

hmmmmmmm yeah all i can say is that whenever ive used an energy b4 an exam i get hyper really ez so i burn through shit like none other... sometimes i do awesome sometimes it mediocre...

time release adderall is pretty good.. but its sideaffects atleast for me are bad...

get maddd depressed after it wears off :/

but b4 that happens im working like a mofo