Songs you SHOULDN'T like but really do.......

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

jay-z was tacked onto the beginning of "umbrella" because her label didn't feel that the song was good enough for radio on its own. they felt the track was too out-of-leftfield for hip-hop stations, and not peppy enough for pop stations, and used Jay-Z as a hook for listeners.

now, in retrospect, they severely fucked up, because everyone and their mother loves the song and complains about Jay-Z whining like a bitch about the same shit he's been whining about for years during the first minute of what is otherwise an amazing song.

p.s. why would anyone ever fell like they shouldn't like "i feel like dying"?

li'l wayne is a beast, and that song is next level times three. he's so far ahead of

where mainstream and underground hip hop is right now, especially with that track.

most of the songs mentioned here are great...a lot of songs that are "commercial/mainstream" are...

these songs are written so a mass audience can appreciate and get hooked to it. if anything, we SHOULD like these songs.

jayz on umbrella = more exposure for rihanna(not that she really needs it) and it's keeping jay relevant too.

jayz on umbrella = more exposure for rihanna(not that she really needs it) and it's keeping jay relevant too.

that's certainly the case after the fact, but they literally tacked jay z onto the beginning of the song because they were scared it wouldn't play well to mainstream radio.

jay phoned his bars in and they pasted that shit into the beginning of the song with

the instrumental under it.. the original version of the song has been floating around online for months before the album came out.

summer love, someone feels my pain

being as im a blood brothers/at the drive-in kinda guy, i was originally quite embarrassed with liking anything by someone who was once in n'sync.

but after awhile it started growing on me, and i came to accept it as one of those 'guilty pleasure' sorta things.

now i completely and entirely admit that futuresex/lovesounds is a great album and i couldnt care less about j-tims background or what anyone else has to say about him or it.

jay-z was tacked onto the beginning of "umbrella" because her label didn't feel that the song was good enough for radio on its own. they felt the track was too out-of-leftfield for hip-hop stations, and not peppy enough for pop stations, and used Jay-Z as a hook for listeners.

now, in retrospect, they severely fucked up, because everyone and their mother loves the song and complains about Jay-Z whining like a bitch about the same shit he's been whining about for years during the first minute of what is otherwise an amazing song.

li'l wayne is a beast, and that song is next level times three. he's so far ahead of

where mainstream and underground hip hop is right now, especially with that track.

i've never really listened to lil wayne's stuff... but you're right actually, all the stuff i've heard from him i've liked. i think the "lil" in his name threw me off, making me place him on the list of all the other mainstream "lil's".

but i totally agree with you on the song. it's definitely next level.

and yeah. you're also right about "umbrella". it is different from what's on the radio... but i think it would've been played without jay-z's help anyways. and they really did fuck up. he sounds ridiculous.

most of the songs mentioned here are great...a lot of songs that are "commercial/mainstream" are...

these songs are written so a mass audience can appreciate and get hooked to it. if anything, we SHOULD like these songs.

maybe the fact that these songs are written so we DO like them, and they DO sell, and they make the artist money, is the part i dont like, but nevertheless. i do like mainstream music, sometimes, such as the songs mentioned before.

She could get it.

rihannateenpeopleue3.jpg

Sup fivehead. Her forehead is fucking ginormous. I hate huge foreheads. Or fiveheads. I would definitely not stab.

But back to the topic.

"Every Morning" and "Fly" by Sugar Ray. There, I said it. Bring on the ridicule.

Maybe because it is completely and utterly nonsensical? I don't mind Lil' Wayne, but that's one of the worst songs I've ever heard him put out. The sampling is extremely repetitive in the vein of a crappy Dipset track and he's trying to hard to make the lyrics 'artsy'.

Also, this video is hilarious. Wayne and Baby pretend to be in a rock band:

Although, I'm guessing this isn't the most adequate post to be arguing music in. I did just admit to liking a JoJo song........

Oh, and this is also the worst freestyle that's possibly ever been done:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVHqjnCS4xM&mode=related&search=

um, actually, i think lithium should feel some guilt for enjoying fall out boy

that said, 'like glue', sean paul

[turns head to side, covers face with hands]

JUST..... JUST.....

JUST GIMME DA LIIIIGHHHTTT

i love sean paul. especially when he talks about his success being relative, and the color of his skin having to do with his marketability, and his efforts to fight his record label and work with jamaican producers instead of americans.

I GOT DI RIGHT TEMPERATURE FI SHELTER YOU FROM THE STORM, OH LAWD