DIY Supershorts

I am taking a trip to Orlando, FL with my girlfriend, who is visiting her sister.

I am on a mission to not bring any of my usual clothing down there for some

strange reason that I've got in my head that it would be cooler to not wear my

usual clothes while in Florida.

Anyway, the last time I wore shorts that weren't for swimming or gym class

was maybe when I was 8. So, I need some help.

Considering that I have nice legs, if I were to take an old pair

of slim straight jeans I no longer wear for various reasons and snip them into

shorts, where should I cut them?

Below the knee? Above? At?

Help please.

Guest Airjamie

I had a coach in highschool for football (i like pussy) that wore shortshorts. So one day we were pushing his fatass around on the sled thing. I looked up and dudes nuts had totally fallen out of the leg. I collapsed laughing cause those shits were like two inches from my friend johns forehead. Ha.

Guest Airjamie

He was alot bigger than i was. Although employ caution when you cut those shits cause i made some a couple weeks ago for the faint show only to realize hours later and a state away from my scissors that one leg was a little longer. Noone else saw it but it bugged the shit out of me.

Three inches up from Kiya's fit. Not quite short shorts, but almost there. If I had a nicely worn pair of jeans that I didn't wear anymore I'd totally go for it.

Nah, not for Jimmy jones here.

Kiya legnth, or an inch longer.

I think "slim" jean cutoffs look wack when too short. If you're going shorter, go a little wider (like you and Redtops been rockin).

That's all.

by wack, do you mean "unnatural and going against all that is good and human on this earth"? 'cause thats what i was thinking.

Guest Airjamie

My thinking is that raw short shorts would look so sprockets it wouldnt even be funny. Im really shocked SE didnt turn into the worlds biggest gangrape when they had that short shorts party. What im trying to say is wear the jeans out before you turn them into shorts. Unless you into the dick.

they aren't japanese selvage denim or anything super nice, but i think they are perfect weight for summer and i thought the color and look of the denim would work well as shorts.

Also, the denim is broken twill, which i actually think look better for making cut-offs than a directional twill denim would.

IMG_3858.jpg

IMG_3861.jpg

id sugest you get a pair, snip them at the longest *maybe* then roll them up till you find the height that works on your legs..

that way your not gonna make any mistake by snipping to short and fucking the pair up... or even accidently looking like a german rent boy.

good luck

Just below the knee BUT a double roll up. Looks a hell of a lot nicer than a visible rip, especially if it's selvedge or has thick bold stitches like Diesel.

Off the top of my head, I've seen both Hap and Milspex rock this look, and I'm doing it very soon considering the impending heatwave..

i like to cut mine right at the knee then give them a nice two inch cuff so its about an inch above my knee and where it fray's isn't on my leg (feels like i have a bug on me or something)

and before you do any cutting remember you can always cut more off later

what would be a good length for girls? the same? shorter? i have a pair that i want to chop up.

for girls i think its possible to pull off almost any length. unlike for men. so i guess slowly keep cutting the jeans shorter and shorter and stop wherever you're happy. whichever looks fobbiest for your waywt ;)